Talk

Advanced search

Desperate to find size 20 jeans that will look okay (or better than okay) on someone short

(8 Posts)
northender Tue 02-Oct-12 15:16:11

I'm so fed up. Have been ill over the last couple of years and have put weight on. I hope this is a temporary thing but in the meantime I really need a pair or two of well fitting jeans. I tried on a size 20 pair in M&S yesterday and could have cried. They fitted, but not in a good way! On the other hand I have a pair of grey bootcuts size 18 from Debenhams last year which still fit.

Any ideas?

whyme2 Tue 02-Oct-12 15:27:01

Dorothy Perkins. I use the tall section, but I have a pair of the baby bootcut and they are fab. Lovely soft denim and very flattering fit too.

northender Tue 02-Oct-12 15:33:06

Thanks whyme wouldn't have thought to try there.

Dollydowser Tue 02-Oct-12 19:23:51

Do you have a waist? Wallis are good for pear/hourglass shape.

I'm a 16/18 but a short arse. I second Dorothy Perkins. Good range of sizes and lengths. I also find Asda pretty good. If you want to spend a bit more then Joe Browns are normally flattering too.

LFCisTarkaDahl Tue 02-Oct-12 19:36:43

The Asda slimming ones are really good and very stretchy. You will get into an 18. If you want a pair of size 20's then pm me - they are too big for me smile

northender Tue 02-Oct-12 22:36:00

Yes I do have a waist (of sorts)wink. Okay will try DP and Wallis. LFC I may pm you, thanks for the offer.

I should have said in my OP, I'm not the most natural shopper so your advice is great. I will report back.smile

northender Mon 15-Oct-12 12:53:13

Just wanted to pop back and say a big thank you to all who replied to my OP. After lots of trying on I ended up with John Rocha jeans from Debenhams which fit in a way jeans have not fitted me in a long time. They are lovely and make me feel so much bettersmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now