Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is Didrikson sizing REALLY that generous (Lindsey)?????

(11 Posts)
kiwidreamer Tue 02-Oct-12 14:23:02

About to order my coat but the sizing indications say I should get a 12/40 to have a neat fit as I dont wear bulky layers... the thing is I'm a large 14 / small 16 with High Street shops, the Principals coat I bought yesterday is a 16. The very very helpful people at Vikingkids have concurred a 12 should be right but I was wondering if anyone out there with a Lindsay would agree that a 104cm chest / 112cm hip measurement will find the 12/40 comfortable! I dont have particularly broad shoulders or long arms so just need to accommodate a reasonable bust / bum!

I could always order both but I dont want to have to pay return postage on the one I dont want.

kiwidreamer Tue 02-Oct-12 19:35:11

<nudge nudge>

JamInMyWellies Tue 02-Oct-12 21:35:12

I have a didriksons and yes they are vv generous in sizing

My2Monkeys Tue 02-Oct-12 22:08:44

I agree with JamInMyWellies (what a great name!) - I'm normally at least a 14 but a 12 in Didriksons coats.

kiwidreamer Tue 02-Oct-12 22:42:49

My2Monkeys do you have enough room in the 12 to have good range of movement across the shoulders / to sit down / drive with the coat on etc

I think I might have to order both an take the hit on return postage for one of them, its just too hard to guess!

My2Monkeys Tue 02-Oct-12 22:49:44

I do, but I have fairly narrow shoulders... Hard to know, sorry! Why don't you just order the one you think (hope!) will be right - if you're getting it from VikingKids I'm pretty sure you can send it back for an exchange, but hopefully you won't need to?

Re driving, the zip opens both ways which is excellent for driving but a bit of a pain as it's hard to close it at first. Getting the hang of mine though!

kiwidreamer Tue 02-Oct-12 22:52:47

You are right of course, I'm just going to have to take a punt!!! I was kinda hoping someone more on the crossover of size 14/16 would come along and put my mind at ease but I think I'm going to bit the bullet, order the 12 and if its too small... either exchange or buy a copy of the 30 day shred LOL

InvaderZim Wed 03-Oct-12 20:03:18

I haven't measured myself but it sounds as though we are similarly sized. I ordered the 14 and have just sent it back for an exchange for a 12. (sigh)

Beegey Wed 03-Oct-12 21:24:44

They are enormous. I ordered a 14 to be on the safe side (usually a dress size 12/14) and when my Naiomi arrived I tried it on over my fleece dressing gown and it was still massive.

I am hoping the 12 will be much snugger...

kiwidreamer Wed 03-Oct-12 21:48:46

The lovely helpful ladies at Vikingkids said that the 'sometimes a 14, usually a 12' lady went with the 10 and she was pretty sure from my measurements given that I should get a 12, beegey I'm wondering if a 10 might even work for you???? I've ordered the 12, if its too snug then I'll just have to step up the half hearted dieting!!!!

Wolfcub Sat 06-Oct-12 18:53:39

I bought a Didrikson veronica today I'm a 16 heading toward a 14 with very broad Vikingesque shoulders and a 38c bosom. The 14 is a lovely generous fit, pinches in at the waist and looks shapely but my shoulders feel nice and comfy and free which is unusual for me to find in a coat unless I buy one or two sizes too large

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now