Talk

Advanced search

Proper little girl underpants....where?

(13 Posts)
pocketandsweet Tue 02-Oct-12 12:57:32

I have always liked the GAP for little girl knickers....nice thick soft cotton that washes well and not too skimpy in cut. Now sadly my oldest daughter ( nearly 7) no longer fits the largest size and has moved into "bigger girl" sizes. They only seem to do more bikini style and in much thinner cotton. Interested in whether the Boden knickers ( or maybe White Company) ones would fit the bill. Any other ideas?

MadameBabawic Tue 02-Oct-12 13:01:28

I've had the Boden knickers for my 5 yo DD, they are expensive but good quality. But for the price i also like Petit Bateau, the cut is similar in nice soft thick cotton too.
I've never tried White Company.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 02-Oct-12 13:03:08

petit bateau

daisydoodoo Tue 02-Oct-12 13:03:28

yes the boden ones are fab and much like the gap little girls ones. These are mainly what dd1 has now she no longer fits he gap ones. The white company are ok too.
Rather inconveniently the best fit without gaping that we have found are from a store called the childrens place but they are us only. they do ship but makes them too expensive.
other ones dd likes that are big and cover well are the boy shorts in primark, £2 a pair and usually have characters on them, dd has spongbob and moshi monsters, sized up they fit well.
The sainsburys ones in packs of 10 although thin cotton have good coverage and cheap enough to be replaced easily when washed out. M&S again if you size up are ok, thin cotton but cover well without gaping at the crotch.

MadameBabawic Tue 02-Oct-12 13:04:03

Sorry forgot the link!

www.petit-bateau.co.uk/e-shop/product/31928/0A0/pack-of-2-girls-pants-heart-print-and-plain.html

daisydoodoo Tue 02-Oct-12 13:05:53

dd loves these ones as lots of bright designs and colours. we stock up on holidays and ask family to bring them back. gymboree are a good fit and thick cotton as well.
www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_-1_918360_633626_27151%7C133136_girl%7Csleep%20&%20underwear_girl

pocketandsweet Tue 02-Oct-12 13:09:15

Thanks... Forgot about Petit Bateau and now they are online as well. Curious about the sizing.... Did you size up? PB always seems to me to be on the small size.

I probably will need a few things from Boden so may try them out since I will be paying for postage anyway.

daisydoodoo.... I spent the summer in Canada and have bought Children's Place pjs before ( which are brilliant) now I will make a note to check out the underwear next visit.

daisydoodoo Tue 02-Oct-12 13:15:48

dd loves childrens place so we alwasy make sure we have room to take home long sleeve tees. pjs and pants, good excuse to visit relatives in he US. wink

MadameBabawic Tue 02-Oct-12 14:27:44

Oooh, just looked at their website and they have some very nice stuff Daisydoodoo - what is the sizing like?

daisydoodoo Tue 02-Oct-12 20:17:51

Dd1 is 6 1/2 and wears 7-8 in boden dual sizing and 7 in single size. 7 at next and joules, 7-8 in places like matalan or primark. Children place 7-8 fits with room the 7-8 pants fit well. The 5-6 fits but just no room for growth.

suze28 Tue 02-Oct-12 21:36:52

I've always bought John Lewis knickers for my daughters (now 10 and 8) and have never had any cause to complain about them.

BorisTheBold Tue 02-Oct-12 21:41:59

I always buy H&M stretchy ones for my dds. Plenty of coverage and a distinct lack of "muuuuuum, I've got a wedgie!"

lurkingaround Tue 02-Oct-12 22:08:25

I have a fussy LO when it comes to underwear, and finally we've found decent comfy ones for her, H&M again, here. Tried loads before this. These are wedgie whinge-free. Fairly decent cotton too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now