Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How much leopard print is too much?

(6 Posts)
ZuleikaJambiere Tue 02-Oct-12 11:51:32

I have a leopard print scarf and a pair of ballet flats, both of which I love. But I've never dared wear them at the same time, for fear of looking OTT and trashy. But would it really? Or could I get away with it? I've been tempted many times, but always bottle it just before I step out of the door

Meta4 Tue 02-Oct-12 11:57:28

I have the same and I wear them together. I think a scarf and pumps have enough distance between them not to look trashy.

WandaDoff Tue 02-Oct-12 11:58:49

I would think as long as the other stuff you're wearing is quite plain it would be fine.

GobblersKnob Tue 02-Oct-12 12:03:08

This is too much

Though strangely this head to toe look is perfect

grin

sweetheart Tue 02-Oct-12 12:03:34

I usually stick to the rule only 1 item of leopard print but i will break that for pumps and a scalf. I agree that they are far enough apart and only small items to it doesn't look too trashy

TellMeLater Tue 02-Oct-12 12:59:30

I think any amount of leopard can look trashy depending on your style - hair make up etc...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: