Talk

Advanced search

Make-up bag disaster area

(10 Posts)
mum2twoloudbabies Tue 02-Oct-12 11:01:15

So I went to put make up on this weekend and everything I have is old, dried out or broken (I don't wear it often). It's also a long time since I changed the colours I wear.

I need an update, Last time many moons ago I went to a counter and had a makeover to look at some different colours and I fancy doing it again. Any recommendations as to which ones are good.

ShirtRipper Tue 02-Oct-12 11:08:10

I personally like MAC and Clinique, MUA at superdrug have been getting some very good reviews on here recently too.

mum2twoloudbabies Tue 02-Oct-12 13:30:32

Yes I saw the mua thread getting some rave reviews and the prices are right up my alley!
Do you know if they offer the make over service (I'm crap with make up)

crazybutterflylady Tue 02-Oct-12 13:58:59

You could have a make over at an expensive counter and really listen to their advice, then say you're going to walk around and see what it feels like and what you like about it when you're at home, and come back when you're sure. Then go to MUA and get the equivalent! smile

LulaPalooza Tue 02-Oct-12 15:18:03

Agree with MAC and Clinique recommendations and would add Bobbi Brown into the mix.

Go quality for foundation (Clinique, MAC, Bobbi Brown)
Mid range for mascara (L'Oreal)
MUA or any price range for blusher (I like Boots No 7), lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner etc

slug Tue 02-Oct-12 16:08:29

Lily lolo are cheap and surprisingly good for those of us who don't use makeup too often.

Lovewearingjeans Tue 02-Oct-12 16:17:20

Don't know your colouring, but I am loving khaki eyeshadow at the moment. You can get decent foundations from ranges in boots, of try a BB cream, they act like a lightweight foundation/ tinted moisturiser. Maybelline do great mascaras, go for their classic green and pink tube. A nude lipstick maybe?

mum2twoloudbabies Wed 10-Oct-12 18:22:26

Thanks for these. Had a quick look at some khaki colours in boots today while passing through and they would suit I think. Not a colour I would have looked at before.

Like the idea of going to an expensive counter but not necessarily getting everything from there. It's my birthday soon and DH has said that he will get me a new makeup bag full of makeup and brushes grin so just need to work out what he needs to go and get.

mum2twoloudbabies Wed 10-Oct-12 18:24:42

And can you believe the lily lolo who I have never heard of are based only a few miles away! Freaky.

Paintyourbox Wed 10-Oct-12 19:31:06

I find my local Benefit counter are really good and they don't pressure you to buy. Many of the products are replicated by other brands and a cheaper price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now