Talk

Advanced search

Is This Really Designed By Stella McCartney?

(6 Posts)
October1st Mon 01-Oct-12 18:13:41

Thought this the best place to come to ask question. I bought a Grey felt feeling sleeveless jumper today in a charity shop. It has Stella McCartney label on the neck but none anywhere else. I have searched all over the internet to try and find one the same but I now think someone has just been taking the mick as it has 2 furry buttons on the front. Can anyone help?

October1st Mon 01-Oct-12 18:14:38

sorry that should be shortish sleeves with strips pf material a bit ;like a pleat

minipie Mon 01-Oct-12 18:17:13

If you like it and didn't pay much for it, does it matter who designed it?

NorbertDentressangle Mon 01-Oct-12 18:19:55

The only Stella McCartney thing I've seen in real life was a very non-descript, grey loose cardigan type thing. It was in a bag of clothing donated to the charity I work for.

What I remember most was that it was really badly misshapen and the knit had gone really badly bobbly. I thought at the time that it was a very unremarkable, bad quality item and that I would never have guessed it was a co-called 'designer' item.

October1st Mon 01-Oct-12 18:21:47

I buy all my clothes from charity shops except for underwear as I like nice labels but cannot afford the real thing so I just wanted to know.It was not too expensive but it was not cheap either

DonaAna Mon 01-Oct-12 18:59:32

Stella M does very understated clothes.

In my experience it's hard to track designer items online if they are older than a year. Collections change very quickly.

It's sadly true that many designer items today are poorly made from poor raw materials. This is a fairly recent change: often what you find in charity shops is much better that what you would be able to buy right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now