Talk

Advanced search

You know that shoulder-length slightly shaggy sort of look? How do you get it?

(7 Posts)
HopeForTheBest Mon 01-Oct-12 16:16:47

Sort of like these
I can sort of achieve it when I wash & dry and then use flat irons to twist, but it looks totally crap rather flat by the end of the day, and the next day I look like I've been pulled through a hedge backwards (obviously. Nobody ever gets pulled through a hedge forwards do they?).

Any help or advice v. much appreciated.
Thanks!

reliablemillipede Mon 01-Oct-12 23:46:04

I think it's all about products ! - get thee to superdrug/boots and have a browse on the shelves, so many to choose from, my dd is loving the new salt sprays at the moment, gives that tousled ( more of a messy tousled).

crazybutterflylady Tue 02-Oct-12 06:48:46

Yeah the salt sprays are good for that sort of look. Spray when wet and avoid temptation to brush or fiddle with it. Just spray lots on and scrunch a bit then when it's dry ruffle it a bit. That what I do anyway <technical>

Euphemia Tue 02-Oct-12 06:57:49

My hair is quite like the third woman's in your link. I have a natural wave to my hair, plus I use a curl-enhancing product.

Mymumsdaughter Tue 02-Oct-12 07:38:47

Long layers are your friend and towel dry and use salt spray

HopeForTheBest Tue 02-Oct-12 13:41:16

Ooooh, replies! grin

Thank you. Have never even heard of salt spray, so will go and investigate.

TheBirdsTheBirds Tue 02-Oct-12 15:37:30

Is your hair dead straight? If so you might need to use curling tongs or a curling wand - I have this. To get loose waves you just take quite large sections of hair and wrap them round the largest part of the barrel and hold for a few mins. A good side effect of this one is that it makes your hair mega shiny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now