Talk

Advanced search

Best whitening toothpaste

(6 Posts)
Wowserz129 Mon 01-Oct-12 12:21:40

I have yellow teeth and I can never work out why. I brush twice a day, don't smoke or drink coffee.

So maybe it's my toothpaste? Anyone got recommendations of good teeth whitening products?

DonaAna Mon 01-Oct-12 12:39:02

Some people are born with more yellow dental bone - I'm one of them.

Whitestrips and whitening toothpaste get rid of food and drink-related residue (I find tea is much worse than coffee), but to change the color of my teeth entirely, I'd need some cosmetic dentistry.

I love Arm&Hammer Baking Soda whitening toothpaste.

scootle Mon 01-Oct-12 14:25:58

I use Janina, which is good but toothpaste won't radically change the colour of your teeth. The best way (spent aaages researching it) is to go to a proper dentist and get plastic teeth trays specially made; the dentist sells you bleach which you put in the tray and wear overnight for 2 weeks. You then keep the trays and re-do whenever you feel like it. It has worked brilliantly, and has helped my confidence no end. DH is going to do it too, as is my mother.

It cost about £300 for the trays and bleach, and the refills cost £20 a time. So pricey but oh so worth it.

Wowserz129 Mon 01-Oct-12 18:39:31

Oh I could never afford that much!

Do you think buying a good electric toothbrush would help?

Bonsoir Mon 01-Oct-12 18:43:26

Elgydium, plus an electric toothbrush.

kaumana Mon 01-Oct-12 18:50:05

I bought Blanx at Superdrug while on the hunt for MUA makeup ( see other thread). It was half price so thought I would give it a shot, it has got rid of some light tannin staining nothing too obvious but it is early days.. I can recommend Crest whitening strips, they are not available in the UK but can be bought on Ebay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now