Talk

Advanced search

Nails after a shellac manicure

(8 Posts)
Apoundinatin Mon 01-Oct-12 12:12:59

Ive just subjected my nails to four weeks of shellac. Two weeks of silver rock star, two weeks of French. My my they were pretty...

But now I'm back to reality. I've taken it off carefully using acetone remover, but my nails underneath are in a shocking state. I've been slathering on the hand cream, but they still feel so dry. Do you have any suggestions what to use to bring my nails back to their bare glory?

Funnylittleturkishdelight Mon 01-Oct-12 12:21:12

Solar oil!

Best stuff ever.

Apoundinatin Mon 01-Oct-12 13:02:56

Solar oil. Righto. Can I get it in an ordinary chemist?

Funnylittleturkishdelight Mon 01-Oct-12 13:29:39

Your shellac beautician should carry it? Should be cheaper than chemist.

Mosman Mon 01-Oct-12 13:41:03

Mine are a right mess and it didn't even last longer than an ordinary manicure with top coat. I won't be doing it again tbh

Funnylittleturkishdelight Mon 01-Oct-12 16:18:13

I think it all depends on who applies it and your reaction to it.

I've had shellac applied by a very good technician and it's lasted three weeks, I've had bio sculpture gel and that lasts and lasts and lasts! It's a bit thicker, but I really like it. Never chips and just grows out.

I think everyone will have a different reaction.

Apoundinatin Mon 01-Oct-12 20:06:41

Oh yes, my nails were gorgeous when I had it done. They didn't chip at all, I loved it. They were done by a home technician though. I'll pop into a salon and ask. Thanks smile

Funnylittleturkishdelight Mon 01-Oct-12 20:48:43

I bet the home tech will carry some- give her a ring and find out. I bet she'll charge you less than a salon!

Normally shellac manicures have the solar oil applied after the manicure- I adore the stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now