Talk

Advanced search

Threading advice

(8 Posts)
Lavenderhoney Mon 01-Oct-12 11:01:06

Geting my eyebrows threaded for th first time. I like then but they re a bit scruffy. Will it hurt? And does it stay red for long? Have night out ths week and worried it will go wrong! Any advice? Thx

wisden Mon 01-Oct-12 11:06:05

I had mine done for the first time a month ago. Took 5minutes, didn't really hurt and the result was amazing. They look very natural and not "over done". The only thing is I have long hairs so did consider asking her to trim the hairs aswell. Not sure though. Redness was barely noticeable.

bonzo77 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:20:33

It did sting, a lot. But I'm pregnant so I think that makes things more painful. No redness after and they really look nice, much more natural than waxing.

RSVPentathlon Mon 01-Oct-12 15:18:19

It takes about 5 minutes, hurts (me) more when I'm on my period and the redness goes in half an hour tops.

Lavenderhoney Wed 03-Oct-12 16:04:19

All done! Hurt like hell and the noise! But look fab so threading always from now on. Thx ladies...

WeightyKaty Wed 03-Oct-12 16:38:48

Hurts and the ripping noise isn't nice. I have quite sensitive skin and it leaves redness for 24 hours or so. I need to find an alternative to threading and waxing!

Wheresmypopcorn Wed 03-Oct-12 17:25:46

It hurts but having my lip area done was far worse. It gives you fab brows and shouldn't stay red for long. Wierdly, people commented on how nice my brows looked.

Lavenderhoney Thu 04-Oct-12 12:30:49

I went for waxing with top lip. Glad I did tbh. No one has commented on my brows, but they weren't really bad. I got them trimmed to, it was fine. Did quiz beautician on experience before she started thoughsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now