Talk

Advanced search

What size bra should I wear?

(8 Posts)
Karbea Mon 01-Oct-12 10:41:28

hello,

A loooooonnnng time ago I was measured at Bravissimo and I was a 30dd. I have since lost weight and put it back on again sad
All of my everyday bras are old and saggy, they look droppy.
My boobs seem to bulge slightly at the top, so i'm thinking maybe a 30e.
My husband when we first met went a little crazy and kept buying me agent prov undies in a 32d (they don't fit at all), band too big, cups just the wrong shape (defo too small).
I've just done an online tool thing measuring underneath, across and above and it said I was a 34a!!! which I don't think I am, as I know the 32 AP ones bands are too big.

I REALLY don't want to go and get measured, but I REALLY want/need new undies. Do you think I should get 30e's are are the 30dd's ok, but they bras have just shrunk, or do I just order both and send half back (I think i've worked it out on my own haha!)...

Or could I actually really be a 34a???

HotBurrito1 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:09:28

Why don't you want to get measured?
You could just take a few into a fitting room and start from there. While you are so unsure of your size I wouldn't be buying any you haven't tried on.

RamblingRosa Mon 01-Oct-12 11:18:13

If you really don't want to/can't go back to Bravissimo or a good department store like John Lewis, could you afford to order a few different sizes/styles from a shop which has free returns?

If the band on the 30DD still feels right but you've started bulging out of the top, trying a 30E would be a good place to start. It's also worth trying a few different styles. Styles that worked on me before being pg don't work now even though my bra size is the same as it was IYSWIM.

I vary between a 30DD and a 30E if that helps. If I put on weight the cup size goes up but the band stays the same.

HazleNutt Mon 01-Oct-12 12:16:46

The online tools are usually horrible indeed and if 32 is too big then no, you're not a 34. It's unlikely your bras have shrunk, they tend to stretch rather than shrink.
As Rosa said, if 30DD band fits but cups are a bit small, just try a bigger cup. General consensus here is that if you bulge over all the time, you need to go up at least 2 cups. If it's only noticeable with tight clothes and breathing in, go up one cup.

What are your underbust and across measurements?

Karbea Mon 01-Oct-12 12:40:48

72, 89.

I think i'm going to order 30e's various brands and see what they are like. I wouldn't say they massively bulge, and you can't see once im dressed. The main issue is I look like i've saggy boobs (maybe I just have!) sad but just checked the back and i'd say they go straight across not rising.

HazleNutt Mon 01-Oct-12 13:01:28

The measurements are in cm I would guess, so in inches you would be 28 and 35. I would try 28F or FF then, to eliminate the bulge. Smaller band would also offer better support against the sagginess.

Karbea Mon 01-Oct-12 13:12:30

Thanks Hazlenut, just did the order then saw your post... urgh... so ordered 30e's if they still look rubbish will sned back and try the 28f/ff's thanks again.

HazleNutt Mon 01-Oct-12 13:20:14

Well different brands fit differently anyway, I usually wear 32 but need 34 in some brands. The 28 is just a starting point and 30 could be fine as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now