Talk

Advanced search

Le Chameau jameson Boots

(12 Posts)
ChablisLover Mon 01-Oct-12 10:25:03

Can I have opinions please on these boots

I live in a village but work in a city so would only be for weekends and for long walks in the forests etc etc

Are they too Kate Middleton?

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0051XWISS/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=11070805085&ref=asc_df_B0051XWISS

I have wellies but I find my feet freeze in them even with wellie socks on.

Had seen these on holiday and kinda fell in love and seen a "horsey" type wearing them in the local shop the other day and they looked great - even covered in mud.

nipersvest Mon 01-Oct-12 10:37:37

they are lovely. i have tried on a pair of le chameau boots at a country fair, and they were very comfy. leather wellies are all the rage amongst horsey types!

ChablisLover Mon 01-Oct-12 19:42:10

Thanks

I just want something that keeps my feet warm but look stylish at the same time.

Have navy hunters but are not warm.

Might have to add them to my Santa list! grin

LolaLadybird Mon 01-Oct-12 20:09:20

Very, very nice. I live in a very rural area and leather 'country boots' are standard footwear around here. I got my first pair last winter and pretty much lived in them - good for rainy days and cold ones. The only thing I would say is that there is lots of choice and you may be able to find some equally lovely ones for less money ... but if you have your heart set on these ones then go for it!

ChablisLover Mon 01-Oct-12 20:46:27

Lola - lovely boots for less money sounds even better grin

I like the style of those so if I could find similar cheaper it would be great. Even keep dh happy.

Any suggestions?

blue2 Mon 01-Oct-12 20:48:30

Check out Musto and Dubarry. They both have leather boots - I'm a Dubarry fan, personally!

ChablisLover Mon 01-Oct-12 20:55:57

Have seen the dubarry boots - they had a
Stand at the local country fair in the summer as they are an Irish brand. Will check out the website

Never heard of musto

LolaLadybird Mon 01-Oct-12 21:58:32

Here are a couple of websites to get you started:

Usually have sale bargains, some v nice Musto ones currently half price

Some more ideas including very nice Dublin River boots

But there are lots of similar out there - just google 'country boots'. Happy shopping!

prelim29 Tue 02-Oct-12 17:12:15

i have Le Chameau Jameson boots - they are used daily to walk dogs and muck out horses. Very warm and waterproof and in my opinion better and harder wearing than Dubarrys (of which I have worn out two pairs). Buy them! You won't be disappointed.

kittysaysmiaow Tue 02-Oct-12 17:42:37

I love those boots! smile

blue2 Tue 02-Oct-12 17:48:51

Prelim
Interesting that you think Chameau boots are better wearing than Dubarrys. I'm on my 3rd pair.... but I just thought I wore them too much!

Chablis - I would go and try on as many pairs as you can. I went to The Game Fair last year (2011) with a thick pair of socks and tried on about 8 different pairs... before I went back to Dubarrys as they fitted the best.

Don't think I found any Chameau boots as I'd have been tempted!

ChablisLover Tue 02-Oct-12 19:43:54

Thanks all
Have had a look at those links Lola. Some lovely boots on sale - unfortunately not in a size 6. angrylol!

Will go and try on the boots as they are too expensive to buy without trying them on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now