Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of boyfriend jeans?

(13 Posts)
Madmog Mon 01-Oct-12 10:21:40

I recently bought a couple of pairs of boyfriend jeans which I was feeling really good about (they are comfy!) until yesterday when I saw a lady in town and they were really baggy on her, hanging on the ground and the coat did nothing for them. I know mine fit better around bottom and the length is better on me but it's sort of put me off.

Pandsbear Mon 01-Oct-12 11:14:05

I love mine grin. But I agree they do need to fit you- boyfriend style is no good if they are too wide (as in too much material) across the backside and wrong length.

Curtsey Mon 01-Oct-12 11:55:31

I posted about these recently. Wasn't sure whether to keep or chuck my boyfriend jeans. S&B consensus was to keep. Worn rolled up at the ankles, they're a summer staple. Not great for winter though.

Clure Mon 01-Oct-12 12:49:37

Can anyone recommend some good boyfriend jeans?

monkeysmama Mon 01-Oct-12 12:50:12

I love them and wear mine a lot. I tend to wear them with a more fitted top. Having said that I'm wearing them with a sweatshirt right now.

badtasteflump Mon 01-Oct-12 12:52:38

I would wear them in the summer, rolled up, teamed with a vest top or (very) fitted t-shirt.

If I try to wear them full-length in the winter though, with bigger/thicker tops and a jacket, I end up looking like a bag lady shock

Karbea Mon 01-Oct-12 12:57:03

They are definitely more of a relaxed look, so can look scruffy. I only wear them in the summer rolled up.

pictish Mon 01-Oct-12 12:59:36

I think they're great if you have the body shape for them. I couldn't wear them as am a very curvy hourglass shape, so they would not suit me....however, my friend L has a far more athletic shape and looks brilliant in them.

They can only be worn with waist length tops and jackets imo.

Madmog Mon 01-Oct-12 14:31:05

Clure - I got my boyfriend jeans from Next online in the sale - they were just as nice as anything in the shop!

PretzelTime Mon 01-Oct-12 16:08:12

What's the difference between the new boyfriend jeans (that you have not actually borrowed from your boyfriend because they're made for ladies ) and oldschool non-skinny jeans? Are they baggier?

wasabipeanut Mon 01-Oct-12 16:25:26

I love my boyfriend jeans (Next since you ask who do a surprisingly good selection of jeans IMO) but only wear with very fitted tops. If you go baggy on the top half you end up looking really shapeless. And frumpy potentially.

LizLemon007 Mon 01-Oct-12 17:58:50

I would look awful in them.........

WowOoo Mon 01-Oct-12 18:00:09

I do look awful in mine!

Have been told they are the least flattering jeans I wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now