Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

castor oil for spots?

(4 Posts)
Flojo1979 Mon 01-Oct-12 09:07:21

Hi, I'm sure I read on here somewhere that some sort of oil ritual was good for spots. Can't find it anywhere now and can't remember what is was called to Google it.
I was sure it involved mixing castor oil with veg oil?
But I went to Tesco yesterday and asked the pharmacy for castor oil and they didn't sell it and she thought I was mad when I told her it wasn't for my bowels it was for my face.
So please someone tell me I'm not going completely mad and haven't dreamt it up!

SunWukong Mon 01-Oct-12 10:00:20

Ocm the oil cleansing method.

Castor oil is hard to find because you can use it to induce premature labour, buy it online or just try coconut oil which is also good.

Flojo1979 Mon 01-Oct-12 16:17:43

Thanks i'll have a look online. What do I do with it?!

Tamisara Mon 01-Oct-12 16:43:12

Holland & Barrett sell castor oil - but it is expensive. I did what Sun suggested & bought it online - from Amazon.

Mix it with a carrier oil (such as EVOO, or sweet almond oil), in about a 20/80 split (20 for the castor oil), though you can play around with the amounts to find out what suits you. Then you just massage it in, wet a muslin cloth with hot water, and hold it to your face, repeating a couple of times. Finally, use the cloth to rub off.

I don't like castor oil much myself. Although I'm prone to spots, I find it really dries out my skin. I like coconut oil, but even then, it dries out my skin if used nightly... it's something you have to try to see what works for you.

Tea Tree oil is supposed to be good for spots... you could just use the essential oil on a cotton bud & apply to spots. Or you could put a couple of drops into your castor/carrier oil mix.

I have found that lavender oil, is great applied to the odd spot on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now