Talk

Advanced search

Who else has got a hairy face?

(19 Posts)
WellEyeNever Sun 30-Sep-12 22:45:34

Seriously this is no laughing matter. First I noticed a few thick wiry pubic type hairs sprouting out of my chin which I pluck out as soon as I can grip the bastard things with tweezers. Tried electrolysis on them and am of the opinion this is an expensive, painful waste of time. Now I have a light peach fuzz moustache and a visible hairline under my chin. Feel like a hairy freak. Anyone else got this and if so what do you do about it? Tempted to wax off but worried it will grow back thicker and more noticeable. Anyone used a nono? Is it worth investing in one?

Yes.

Tweezer the chin. And I shave the neck blush because I cant afford wax strips.

I have given up caring tbh. Its so terrible I just couldnt keep getting down about it.

I also get a random one on my cheek. It just appears.

But havent used a nono.

TodaysAGoodDay Sun 30-Sep-12 22:50:07

Yes, I have a few of these. They sprout from a mole and a tiny spot, and have been there since I was a teenager. And OMG I found my very first nasal hair yesterday, and I'm only 42 shock I just yank out the hairs whenever they grow, I pull them out by the roots, but the buggers just keep coming back. Tried that with the nasal one, and nearly wept with the pain. No suggestions there, just a bit of sympathy grin

Mollydoggerson Sun 30-Sep-12 22:53:13

yes, plan on trying electroloses soon.

aimingtobeaperfectionist Sun 30-Sep-12 22:59:50

Don't bother with a nono, waste of money and won't keep hair away. Tweezing is best option. I've worked with this kind of thing for 12 years so I hope this helps you a bit!! Waxing can make your skin sensitive and cause pigmentation. Tweezing isn't permanent but will help lessen hair over time. Shaving will not make hair thicker or darker but will make it seem that way as it blunts the hair. If you can get away with it, bleach. Use a mirror whilst standing in the window (watch out for mosey neighbours/milkman wink) to tweeze or inspect for hair. Sometimes thick or dark hair on the face can be a hormone imbalance. Hope some of that helps!! And no, normally no one else notices what you see!

lljkk Sun 30-Sep-12 22:59:51

Do not pluck, that is the worst thing, encourages more stubborn regrowth (or something like that, beautician will explain).

Horrendous reviews on Amazon for the NoNo.

For years I have had electrolysis to zap my goatee unwanted facial hair. Maybe 25-30 sessions in all. Sounds a lot but £200 is still less than 8 sessions of IPL, which only removes the dark hairs on fair skinned people (and many of my hairs are white, not dark). I'm stopping now because my skin is starting to react, but the electrolysis has zapped them to a state where they just a few need very occasional trim.

WellEyeNever Sun 30-Sep-12 23:00:18

Oh my gaaash. nasal hairs . owch.
I have hairs on my cheeks too, peach fuzzy type hair which is noticeable and thicker hairs sprouting out of couple of moles. It is hideous.

aimingtobeaperfectionist Sun 30-Sep-12 23:10:42

Plucking won't encourage stubborn regrowth but picking and poking will make a mess of your skin. Honestly, plucking will never make it worse.

WellEyeNever Sun 30-Sep-12 23:35:25

I didn't know waxing could cause pigmentation. What about facial threading? I have bad skin anyways but now a hairy face is just getting me down. There are just too many to tweeze, it would take forever. Am going to make appt with GP to check for hormone imbalance and to ask if there is any pills or potions than can be prescribed to keep those darn hairs at bay.

MaggieW Mon 01-Oct-12 08:20:38

Agree with lljkk, I've had electrolysis and it has really got rid of the thick stubborn hairs on my chin and top lip. I go every six weeks now for a tidy up and am thrilled with the results. I tried IPL but it was hopeless and I'm dark haired and very fair skinned. Electrolysis far more economical too.

Caerlaverock Mon 01-Oct-12 08:25:11

Ipl worked really well for me. Not all ipl machines are the same, it is important to get a good one and a good beautician.

StellaAndFries Mon 01-Oct-12 09:43:46

I have fuzzy peach hair on my cheeks and a couple of black wiry pubes on my chin, I tweeze the dark ones and have to leave the peach fuzz as I was using immac but it's given me really bad spots and I've never had spots before sad I might utilise the look and run away to the circus.

Arithmeticulous Mon 01-Oct-12 10:02:18

I've been using the epilator for my fuzzy beard and moustache - but it does cause spots.

I pluck the pubes on my chin twice daily.

I've tried threading but fuck me it hurt.

Ambi Mon 01-Oct-12 10:13:24

I used to have to pluck every day, I bought those home threading wire things too. I decided to go for the plunge and get laser. It was amazing and not too expensive, £30 per session. Not plucked for over a year, it feels great, definitely recommend.

Rooble Mon 01-Oct-12 10:14:01

I have it threaded - hurts less than waxing, I think. Bleach just made me look like I had a thick white walrus moustache. (Felt like that, anyway. Plus didn't look good under makeup).

oliviafrombolivia Mon 01-Oct-12 15:03:11

I thread my peach fuzz face - works well, although it is painful. Shop around - my whole face costs £10 at a local tatty nail bar, made the mistake of getting it done in a shop window once, oh the shame!

WellEyeNever Wed 03-Oct-12 17:52:19

Yay, I have just had a full facial threading and delighted with my hair free face. Threading was uncomfortable but well worth it as result is amazing. Hope I don't end up looking like a werewolf in a few weeks. Why oh boloody why does it have to grow back?!

Havingkittens Wed 03-Oct-12 22:00:16

I saw this at a beauty trade show last week www.hairvgo.com/

Looked quite interesting but it's quite a new treatment so not sure how many places do it and not many reviews available. I had several sessions of laser which worked well as a management solution - ie. longer time between having to do anything about it, but it all grew back just as bad as before, if not worse. The worsening could be more to do with advancing years than the treatment making it worse though. The Hair V Go treatment looked interesting because it says it works well on those who's hair may not be thick enough or strongly pigmented enough for laser to be effective. I'm going to have to wait a while before I try it myself as I'm pregnant and not sure if it's a good idea to have something like this at the moment.

The ladies on the exhibition stand said that if you call them they can let you know the nearest place that does the treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now