Talk

Advanced search

Are there any websites that tell me how to put together nice outfits?

(5 Posts)
DollyDaisy Sun 30-Sep-12 22:04:55

I'm quite good at putting together work outfits, but rubbish at the weekend. I always end up in badly fitting jeans, fleeces and mums boots

Where on earth do people shop for nice stuff? Have spent today getting increasing disheartened in whistles (quality gone totally downhill), reiss (£110 for some polyester?) and the whitecompany (too frumpy). Where on earth can i get some decent casual stuff from - am thinking Claudia Schiffer on the school run here! And happy to pay for good quality stuff

And more important are there any good websites on how to put together some outfits and where to get it from. I really am hopeless and exasperated at having wasted huge amounts of money over the years

Thanks in advance....

BorisJohnsonsHair Sun 30-Sep-12 22:09:45

Not sure if it will help, but H&M have a "try it on" section on their website, where you can dress up a model with various things to see if they go together. I've found it quite useful for ideas, even if I don't buy anything from there.

trixymalixy Sun 30-Sep-12 22:25:33

Try www.polyvore.com. There are loads of ideas of outfit combinations.

AgathaFusty Mon 01-Oct-12 08:59:47

Have you looked at any blogs? I like this one, but there are loads of different ones out there.

Gillybobs Mon 01-Oct-12 09:45:09

Shopstyle.co.uk is a good one, on the Home page scroll to the bottom where you can browse through thousands of outfits put together by members.

Also try and find blogs you like, people of similar age/shape /style What about Doesmybumlook40 or Styleguile blogs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now