Talk

Advanced search

What is the best way to achieve voluminous curly or wavy hair

(7 Posts)
LeFreak Sun 30-Sep-12 21:13:11

I have shoulder length straight fine hair that doesn't hold a style for very long.

I want nice hair for upcoming nights out. I'm not very good at messing with my hair and I lack patience. So something simple and fairly quick would be good. I don't want to have to spend saturday afternoon slepping round town with my curlers in.

I've tried using hair straighteners to curl but I'm quite cack-handed and can only get it to look good on the left hand side confused

Do I need some sort of gizmo? What do you recommend?

Zwitterion Sun 30-Sep-12 21:16:16

Well I have thick wavy hair but this is what I do to make it thicker and wavy-er:

Spray with water or hair spray
Put up in a bun (google sock bun)
Get on with the day
Take out, more hairspray

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sun 30-Sep-12 21:20:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CaptainKirksNipples Sun 30-Sep-12 21:24:08

Babyliss curling wands are great for this, I am rubbish at doing the back of my hair with tongs. Get a huge ceramic barrel brush and some volumising gel spray or mousse and blow dry but keep the brush in your hair until it cools. I like watching YouTube videos too.

louwn Sun 30-Sep-12 22:12:31

The babyliss root boost is good too - its like a microcrimper that you use on the underneath layers of hair. Volume seems to hold well with it.

Melanthe Mon 01-Oct-12 00:13:01

Try using the hair straighteners to curl the other way (hold it like you would normally on the hair but before clamping down, turn it around to you are curling the opposite way). This might make the right side easier and is more flattering around your face.

Leave hair to dry till 80-90% then twist up into a bun without pining/tying it down too firmly. Leave in as long as possible (overnight it good)

Or

There is hair 'dust' you can get which will give you volume as well such as this Personally I hated the feel of it but it did an amazing job!

Jaeme Mon 01-Oct-12 15:39:25

If you want waves try the enrapture jumbo waver, section your hair and use the waver in layers and you'll get a lot of volume without curling on straighteners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now