Talk

Advanced search

I need a frock. Help!

(4 Posts)
Llareggub Sun 30-Sep-12 20:32:07

I have a work dinner coming up in a few weeks and it will be a dressy affair, and I have been told by some of my colleagues that the dress code will be cocktail dresses. I have never been so I am unsure about what to wear and don't have time (single parent, work full-time) to go searching! I need a few short cuts so that I can head to the shops and try them on.

I have a big bust, smallish waist and I am happy with my legs. I have a tummy that I need to conceal - I am probably an apple shape and look marvelously svelte from the back but rubbish from the side! I am probably a 14 or 16, depending on the fabric/cut. I am paler than pale and hate my arms and would prefer not to wear anything low-cut due to size of bust and the fact that this is a work event.

Any ideas? I really have none....

HyvaPaiva Sun 30-Sep-12 22:04:13

This might be good in the oxblood colour option. The neckline will flatter the bust, the sleeves will cover your arms, the back detail will highlight that you look svelte from the back, the bow will highlight your small waist, and your legs will be shown off too. It's very elegant, good for a work event and a really classic look too, so would last for years.

Llareggub Sun 30-Sep-12 22:09:13

I love that! Thank you. I am going to buy it.

HyvaPaiva Sun 30-Sep-12 22:12:46

Oh I'm so glad! Hope it's gorgeous smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now