Talk

Advanced search

Have knee high boots had their day? Can you help me find some boots?

(19 Posts)
JustMeAndTwo Sun 30-Sep-12 19:58:50

I need some brown winter boots (or would even consider burgundy/mulberry).

Have had a look today without much luck. I was originally looking for a pair of knee highs in a classic sort of riding style but everywhere I went either had knee high with lots if buckles or short boots

It got me thinking have knee high boots had their day? What can I buy instead? Can you help me find some brown winter boots please <flutters eyelashes>

JustMeAndTwo Sat 13-Oct-12 16:49:46

AnnoyingOrange Sat 13-Oct-12 16:53:23

Here's quite a few

www.shopstyle.co.uk/browse?fts=brown+riding+boots

Startailoforangeandgold Sat 13-Oct-12 17:00:15

Given long riding boots are either £££££ or lucky sale finds.

Those of us who own them will be wearing them until they fall to bits.

JustMeAndTwo Sat 13-Oct-12 17:04:20

thanks orange - having a look now

and i know startail - i gave up my brown riding boots last year (after about three winters of wear) because the zip broke - whhhhyyy didn't i just get the zip fixed sad

JustMeAndTwo Sat 13-Oct-12 17:05:24

blimey that link is great thanks Orange. having a look now

CarpeJugulum Sat 13-Oct-12 17:13:28

Duo.

Duo.

And... Duo grin

JustMeAndTwo Sat 13-Oct-12 17:22:40

thanks carpe having a look now

anniewoo Sat 13-Oct-12 18:52:56

Knee high boots are great. I hate those stupid boots that stop at the fattest part of your lower leg.

MrsShrek3 Sat 13-Oct-12 19:03:14

I've just bought some goreous brown knee high boots today. I also hate the short halfway-up-your-calf ones, they make me look even more like a beanpole hmm

JustMeAndTwo Sat 13-Oct-12 19:12:41

Here did you buy your boots mrsshrek? I still haven't found any I like. I think the trouble is I'm looking for the exact same pair I threw out last year confused

JustMeAndTwo Sat 13-Oct-12 19:13:02

Where*

JustMeAndTwo Sat 13-Oct-12 19:13:43

Yeah I tried on a pair of calf length boots today. Didn't but obvs

MrsShrek3 Sat 13-Oct-12 19:15:30

this is like a confession grin blush ...I have wide feet and go for Clarks...these are actually much richer than they look in the picture and the velvety bit has a rich brown/burgundy tint in the light. The gore-tex appealed to me too.

MorrisZapp Sat 13-Oct-12 19:16:45

I got brand new Gstar riding boots for thirty quid on eBay... was stunned by how gorgeous they were when they arrived.

Think tk Maxx have some, they're fab.

MrsShrek3 Sat 13-Oct-12 19:17:10

oops blush] I linked grey ones, it might explain why I thought the colour didn't look right grin hmm the brown ones are below....

Irishmammybread Sat 13-Oct-12 19:28:23

Try Jones the Bootmakers , I bought the comfiest, best fitting dark brown leather boots last season, I liked them so much I ordered another identical pair in black online.

LolaLadybird Sat 13-Oct-12 19:45:40

Another vote for Duo or try googling 'country boots' and you will get lots of websites with the real thing (as in boots you really could ride in but look equally good with jeans). I got a pair of country boots last year, I live in a v rural area and they are just the thing for wet/cold weather.

HackneyCabbage Sun 14-Oct-12 09:17:35

I got those clarks boots last winter, highly rate them, look good, super comfy, warm and waterproof!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now