Talk

Advanced search

Starting a college course, can you find me a nice rucksack?

(6 Posts)
Dancergirl Sun 30-Sep-12 19:56:05

I'm starting a college course this week. It's only part time but I'm VERY nervous.

Thought I'd treat myself to a nice rucksack, can anyone recommend one? Plain colour not patterned.

I've heard of a make called Herschel but they are £££, are they worth the money?

It does need to be good quality as I want it to last and will no doubt be lugging around heavy books.

HereLittleKitty Sun 30-Sep-12 20:03:54

leather?

pattern?

Itsgottabebags Sun 30-Sep-12 20:04:26

Jansport?

HackneyCabbage Sun 30-Sep-12 20:29:31

fjallraven kanken bags are great, Swedish classics, in wide range of plain colours. There's a website called ilovemykanken.com I got mine from, excellent service.

HyvaPaiva Sun 30-Sep-12 21:51:36

Exactly what HackneyCabbage said! Definitely suggest Fjallraven Kanken.

GobblersKnob Sun 30-Sep-12 22:13:46

Just a thought, but I started university last week with a spanking new ruckack and have already abandoned it.

I find a big handbag with all my usual crap + lunch, water and notebook, then a book bag (big shopper, actually this one grin) for my folder and books and pencil case, works way better.

I am just to used to having a 'handbag' and everything was lost and jumbled in my rucksack and I couldn' find anything quickly, plus it was just too bloody heavy! I am not even doing a very academic course but the amount of stuff to carry is crazy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now