Talk

Advanced search

Pacapod Mirano bag - would you buy it?

(5 Posts)
monopod Sun 30-Sep-12 19:42:50

I'm seriously tempted to 'treat' myself to this nappy bag (in the navy) in advance of the arrival of DC2 (due in about 3-4 weeks). I most certainly do not need it - I already have a perfectly serviceable and quite nice Skip Hop Duo which didn't really get that much outing time after I discovered that the Skip Hop Pronto was more convenient to chuck in one of my regular handbags alongside other bits and pieces. But I'm a sucker for those purpose-built pod thingies and the fact that it doesn't look like a nappy bag. But it's pricey. And looks heavy (and I can't find local stockists to see it before purchase).

Would you buy it?

dabdab Sun 30-Sep-12 22:52:12

Nope. I would force myself to stick with the Skip Hop and put the other money into savings earmarked for buying myself a lux bag when I no longer needed to cart around so much stuff.

ChrissasMissis Mon 01-Oct-12 10:51:29

I was given a Pacapod like this and although it's a great way to "organise" your baby stuff, you can fit virtually nothing else into the bag. Trying to get my purse, keys, phone etc was a bit of a mission. DS is now 16m and I only use the nappy pod now - the cool bag and main bag have been retired.

Whizkidwithacrazystreak Mon 01-Oct-12 11:14:40

I think you should treat yourself, but look at the Il Tutto bags, they are amazing and don't look like a baby bag at all. I have the Nico in navy and love it as its so practical yet stylish. Look at mummy and little me website.

monopod Mon 01-Oct-12 12:27:44

Thanks all for the views! Good to know about the lack of capacity for other things, and I'll also have a look at Il Tutto (first time I've heard of the brand). dabdab - very sensible although my conscience is saying that I should actually put the money into savings for necessary stuff, not a luxe bag :P

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now