Talk

Advanced search

dry shampoo, batiste? what do you think of it?

(47 Posts)
happywithit Sat 29-Sep-12 21:18:21

i never used it, i don't know nothing about it, they was giving samples at shopping centre, doesn't means i like to use it, but i dont know how does it work? does it have any affect on the hair? for just leaving the chemicals in your hair without washing it.
is it good and i am wrong.

Error404 Sat 29-Sep-12 21:20:54

I bought some after constantly seeing it recommended and have to say I love it.

I've only ever used the spray having bought it the first time and then stuck with what I knew.

The ingrediants has a huge list of chemicals but I don't let that bother me grin The product's great.

Cherrypie32 Sat 29-Sep-12 21:23:03

Couldn't live without it. Keeps my fringe looking fresh between washes. I prefer citrus one to the original.

It does the trick, but I have to use the brunette one as I have dark hair and I hate the smell of it, wish it was unperfumed, definitely only for emergencies here.

usualsuspect3 Sat 29-Sep-12 21:23:38

I couldn't live without it

Sirzy Sat 29-Sep-12 21:24:09

Its great stuff. I keep some in my hospital bag for when DS is ill as its impossible to wash your hair there.

HeiferInCalf Sat 29-Sep-12 21:27:04

Chemicals shmemicals! Spray it on your roots (lightly) and you'll never look back. Times I've been going out after work and I just don't have time to wash my hair. For just one day/night it's a must have. Makes your hair look thicker too.

gallicgirl Sat 29-Sep-12 21:27:48

It is a life saver in the mornings when I've been up half the night with DD and can't get up early enough to shower before work.

Also great for music festivals when soap dodging. wink

Just spray on the roots in a ventilated area, tousle through your hair, leave for a few seconds then brush out.

msrisotto Sat 29-Sep-12 21:28:10

Its surprisingly good actually!

thixotropic Sat 29-Sep-12 21:28:39

Life. Changing.

(lazy mare with really greasy hair)

Zwitterion Sat 29-Sep-12 21:29:28

I wear my hair up a lot and find freshly washed hair a bit useless for this, so wash less and use batiste instead. I really like it, although I have the brown tinted one at the moment which stains so I wouldn't recommend.

It's really cut down getting ready time, and it makes me feel a bit glam and French, which has got to be a good thing grin

It does build up though I find, so I usually need at least two shampoos when I wash my hair.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 29-Sep-12 21:29:50

I bought some last year after I broke my ankle which made hair washing a PITA so thought it would be convenient.

I didn't like it though as it made my hair really dull and smelt really strong.

I've since found out that there is one for brunette hair that might have been better.

DonaAna Sat 29-Sep-12 21:30:13

Most dry shampoos have rice starch or corn starch as the active ingredient. Worth a try if you don't like the scent of commercial dry shampoos (very little goes a long way, and a quick blast with a hairdryer helps to get rid of the residue). Have wondered whether the brown Maizena meant for gravy would work for brunettes wink

treadonthecracks Sat 29-Sep-12 21:35:08

ON day 2 or day 3 after hair wash, spray a little in and give it a rub through your hair, any excess oil is absorbed and it gives your hair great body.

Don't use too much or it can make your hair a bit dull and gloopy.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 29-Sep-12 21:37:01

I prefer Lee Stafford. Now using Boots own and I'm not convinced either way. confused

princelypurpleparrot Sat 29-Sep-12 21:38:50

I love it! I hate so I don't wash my hair every day but it's got greasier as I've got older, so this is the perfect solution. It does smell a bit strong, but there are a few to choose from now and it's not that bad. YY to it making your hair feel thicker too.

Is there really a brunette Batiste? I didn't know that! I use the normal one and make sure I brush it out like mad to stop me looking (more) grey. A few years ago I had a mad moment and bought some Bumble and Bumble brunette dry shampoo that cost about £20 shock. It ended up everywhere! Batiste is so much better.

Itsgottabebags Sat 29-Sep-12 22:03:39

I love it! I have used it 2 days in a row on days when I couldn't be arsed to wash my hair.

Newtothisstuff Sat 29-Sep-12 22:04:19

Couldn't live without it !! I love the yellow one that smells of holidays !!

milkysmum Sat 29-Sep-12 22:07:25

Don't use it instead of washing with normal shampoo wink but fab for weekend away camping, late get up's etc... plus a life saver if you have a fringe and oily hair!

MummysHappyPills Sat 29-Sep-12 22:09:53

It's very good. Just don't buy the volumising one as it leaves a horrible residue and makes your hair sticky and dry.

I bought a timotei one for a change but I don't like it. Batiste is better.

crackcrackcrak Sat 29-Sep-12 22:11:39

It's amazing! The original one is much better in blonde hair though. If you have dark hair you need the coloured ones or it looks daft. That said if you do have blonde hair you can just use baby powder it has the same effect.
My technique for both is the spray it in - brush it out then use a dry flannel to rub the roots a bit so it doesn't look dull.
If you have dry or colour treated hair or you straighten etc it's great - less you wash your hair the better condition you can keep it in grin

mosschops30 Sat 29-Sep-12 22:18:17

I like the tropical one.
I still wash my hair daily but its great for freshening my fringe later in the day or on holiday when you dont want to wash your hair until the evening.
The travel size ones are great

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 29-Sep-12 22:22:25

Must try this. Since DD1 started school this month I'm finding it impossible to get everyone out of the house and me showered and hair dried before 8am. So I sort myself out when I get back from drop off. My hair is quite fine and needs washing every day so doesn't look great at morning drop off grin

adoremyfamily Sat 29-Sep-12 22:25:25

Never used - but both my dd's use constantly and love it.

I've been using it since the 1980s grin
Brilliant for day 2 hair.. tho I really should try and get the stuff for dark hair as I often fail to brush it out properly and look a bit dusty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now