Talk

Advanced search

Handbag vs. Changing bag

(9 Posts)
ForFoxsGlacierMints Sat 29-Sep-12 21:16:29

I have coveted the Storksak Elizabeth ever since I found out I was pregnant, but couldn't really justify the £££ when there was so much else to buy. As a result I ended up with a bog standard, black, horrible change bag.

I'm going to be 30 in November and my DH is looking for ideas, so I thought of the Elizabeth again however my DS will be 15 months and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile getting a change bag or if I should just get a big handbag?

Decisions, decisions . . .

So really I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of the Storksak one and if so how likely I would be to continue using it? Or if anyone has any suggestions of regular giant bags which might fit the bill? Around the £200/250 mark?

trixymalixy Sat 29-Sep-12 21:31:55

I have to say I never really saw the point of special changing bags. I just bought a big bag with lots of pockets.

Unless you are planning to have more kids, I think youd regret spending that amount of money on a changing bag.

peony and Moore do some nice bags

ForFoxsGlacierMints Sat 29-Sep-12 21:39:30

This is my dilemma, I would like more but I'm by no way guaranteed to be able to have them . . .

I think I think that the Elizabeth is pretty enough just to look like a handbag.

Nothing on the Peony and Moore site is jumping out at me.

Tombleeboo Sat 29-Sep-12 21:46:40

Insanity, IMO, to spend that kind of money on a changing bag when you could have a really nice handbag you could use for much longer, just get a rolled changing mat that ties shut and one or two smaller toilet bags etc to go inside it and hold wipes etc.

SomethingOnce Sat 29-Sep-12 21:57:38

At this point, I'd definitely say handbag.

If you have another baby - and I really hope you do smile - celebrate by getting a changing bag then, if you still feel the need for one (or just use another bog standard cheapy if you don't want to mess up your lovely handbag, and spend the money on something else).

ForFoxsGlacierMints Sat 29-Sep-12 22:03:25

Okay, I do agree it may be foolish with the changing bag. ANyone seen anything similar? Must be leather and if it's an equally pretty colour so much the better!

madammecholet Sat 29-Sep-12 22:17:18

I didn't have a changing bag with DD2, it seemed such a waste of money, I would honestly recommend u just buy a large leather bag.. I know you were a bit 'meh' but I had this Mariella in last years pink colour and its been perfect.

Go and look for a large bag which you love and can be both a nappy bag and normal bag.... I promise you, you'll feel far better than lugging a nappy bag around plus you won't have to flog it on ebay in a year!wink

lanternfestival Sun 30-Sep-12 10:08:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DonaAna Sun 30-Sep-12 10:47:22

I used big leather handbags with DC but ended up ruining two that I really loved (biro marks, greasemarks from an upturned milk bottle). Bought a Storksak which is plastic-lined inside - wore it as an in-flight work bag after having children and many of my friends admired it and had no idea that it was actually a changing bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now