Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a good quality girls ski jacket and salopettes age 7 to 8

(16 Posts)
mummywithnosleep Sat 29-Sep-12 19:53:30

Hi all

I need to find a very good quality girls ski suit (acutally at this point I will take a boys and bribe dd) :-) She has out grown her last one at the grand old age of 4 is over 120cm tall. I need a Jacket and Salopettes rather than trousers as she is only 4. All in ones are a nightmare for her!

I have looked on Ebay but there are no decent quality ones in the right sizes. I am very happy with second hand as she grows so fast it is a complet waste to buy a new one (she will probably have out grown it buy 2 sizes buy next year)

I need good quality as she is from a hot climate and really really feels the cold.

HELP....

Thanks

ruby22 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:02:45

Boden?

TapselteerieO Sat 29-Sep-12 20:18:41

H&M
Viking Kids (Didriksons)

egginton1 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:22:43

TK Maxx. Always loads of skiing gear in there.

Tombleeboo Sat 29-Sep-12 20:24:53

POP with a view to reselling on ebay, you should be able to use it for two seasons then get most of your money back.

Otherwise Mountain Warehouse is decent and cheap.

fruitcorner Sun 30-Sep-12 17:59:46

TK Maxx is good, we have also had good stuff from H&M and Decathlon

Pancakeflipper Sun 30-Sep-12 18:05:03

Another vote for Mountain Warehouse. Got 2 Winters out of a ski jacket there for DS1. And he also wore it to school in the crazy Winter we had. Warm and dry.

mummywithnosleep Sun 30-Sep-12 18:08:54

Hi All thanks.

Has anyone tried surfanic? What do we think?

Also tog 24 which I´ve always thought where ok?

Thanks

SpangledPandemonium Sun 30-Sep-12 18:08:56

Same problem with dd and I have always got some from Matalan. Not sure how they compare re quality but they have done the job

ggirl Sun 30-Sep-12 18:12:26

lands end is always good quality..shame they're black

therugratref Sun 30-Sep-12 18:14:13

Decathlon- good quality and warm.

therugratref Sun 30-Sep-12 18:18:43

Pressed post too soon. Website has a sale on at the moment 120cm = age 6. It is French so the sizes are quite diddy. My boys skied in Norway (think -20) and were toasty with good base layers

BikeRunSki Sun 30-Sep-12 18:29:38

H&M! Their outdoor stuff for kids is brilliant. They do a skiing jacket and sallopettes in every size from 9 months to adult, in good bright colours. DS has had the jacket (in diffsrent sizes!)s his main outdoor coat for three years (and he's only 4!). He also has the salopettes for snow. We are a very outdoorsy family and I am a bit of a gear snob, but I really rate the H&M stuff and it is a good price. I am on my phone, so I can't do links, but have a look on the website under kids, then outdoor wear. Not all colours and sizes get in the shops, best to order online.

EndoJ Sun 30-Sep-12 18:32:09

mini Boden

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 30-Sep-12 18:34:13

Spotty Otter!

Fleece lined salopettes, and Patrol jacket.

Or Trespass or a bit cheaper and still good.

Or TX Maxx

Finbert Sun 30-Sep-12 18:35:08

Tk maxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now