Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for cheap but good moisturisers?

(12 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Sat 29-Sep-12 19:35:52

Hi

I've been using L'Occitane day and night cream for the last year or so. However I have to do some serious budgeting and this means no more posh creams sad

I suffer from combination skin so can't go without a moisturiser. I also prefer to use creams that are as natural as possible.

Anyone got any tips? I saw that Nivea do a naturals/pure range but not sure if this works.....

racingheart Sat 29-Sep-12 19:45:31

Boots botanics. Gorgeous stuff.

I also use Nivea Q10 which is wonderful on sensitive skin and keeps that dry, tight feeling away all day. If you always buy it on offer, it's between £5-6.50 a pot. Think the botanics range is even cheaper.

Lozislovely Sat 29-Sep-12 20:26:51

Another vote for Botanics, I use their make-up removers and moisturisers and rate them as highly as more expensive brands.

Often on 3 for 2 as well!!

LaCerbiatta Sat 29-Sep-12 20:38:09

I really Like the natrulift from body shop (i think that's how its called, its the one on the red tub). It's rich and feels a lot more expensive than what it is.

xxxresixxx Sat 29-Sep-12 20:47:39

Aldis range. Absolutely fab and only three quid!

lisad123 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:48:16

Aldi has some amazing stuff grin

TapselteerieO Sun 30-Sep-12 00:46:31

This is my basic moisturiser, it is light and not astringent like a lot of high street/perfumed moisturisers. I have tried Wileda, barefoot botanical and other health food shop standards but the FSC works best for me. Simple but effective, usually about the £3.70 mark in my local health food shop.

saadia Sun 30-Sep-12 08:34:15

Neutrogena Comfort Balm is brilliant.

ThompsonTwins Sun 30-Sep-12 08:44:47

Johnson's Baby Soothing Naturals intense moisturising cream (in a green tub). There is also a lotion in a green plastic bottle which is even better. I have very dry skin and these are the best moisturisers I have ever found, and I have tried a huge range.

Beamae Sun 30-Sep-12 08:49:40

I switched from dermalogica to superdrug's simply pure range because it is paraben free. Cheap as chips and people have commented on my skin. I have been adding a couple of drops of rosehip oil after seeing a thread on here about how magical it is!

rabbitonthemoon Sun 30-Sep-12 09:38:41

When my purse strings need a serious tighten Avon is where I head. I think their creams are really good for the price, I use the solutions range.

Tweet2tweet Sun 30-Sep-12 19:27:18

Thanks so much for all of these suggestions. Sounds like there's plenty to choose from. I think I may give the FSC cream a go, thanks again everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now