Talk

Advanced search

Avon - enlighten me please..

(20 Posts)
Lorelilee Sat 29-Sep-12 14:43:53

Have just been handed a book by our young neighbour and I'd like to show willing and buy something. Any well kept secrets?

MsArseBiscuit Sat 29-Sep-12 14:46:05

I'm like a broken record with this but Supershock gel eyeliner, bloody marvellous and cheap as chips

MooMinCow Sat 29-Sep-12 16:11:48

i second that. the stuff is super jet black and does not budge on waterline

TheCrackFox Sat 29-Sep-12 16:26:55

Not keen on their nail varnish, it seems to chip easily. They have Morrocan hair oil which was only £2.99 IRRC which was very good.

toffeefee Sat 29-Sep-12 18:46:41

Agree with the Moroccan oil. I use this with the Moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner and my hair feels lovely and soft. Their skin care is also very good. I use the clinical eyelift pro and it feels lovely on my eyes in the evening.
The glimmerstick eyeliners are also great, as are the eyeshadows. I never used Avon until I moved here a few years ago and got a brochure through the door, but now I am a convert! When they are good, they are very, very good!

hermioneweasley Sat 29-Sep-12 18:48:18

I use their magix primer and foot creams. I also rate their strong results nail hardener.

Pinot Sat 29-Sep-12 19:03:01

aha! same situ here so will snoop...

GreenEyesAndHam Sat 29-Sep-12 19:08:40

Same here! Arrived home to a book through the letterbox this afternoon, first one for years.

Just had a look through it but am a bit nonplussed. I liked one of the perfume testers, think I might order one of those

Lorelilee Sun 30-Sep-12 09:49:02

Appreciate the feed back ladies. Just a couple of questions: Is the magix matt gel any good? What does it 'do'? Also, are their eyeshadows long lasting?

AmaraDresden Sun 30-Sep-12 18:24:49

I love their Absinthe perfume, I also rate their eyeliners, supershock gel and glimmersticks (I have their normal ones, chromes and diamond lol). Lipsticks aren't bad but never swatch like they look in the book, so google for swatches first.

HaveALittleFaith Sun 30-Sep-12 19:11:21

I love their sleep pillow spray actually. Not expensive but really helps me to relax!

Thinkability Sun 30-Sep-12 19:17:11

I don't understand the scratch n sniff perfume rings...I can only smell the paper?

The Moroccain hair shampoo n conditioner works! Use it instead of the usual moisture shampoos and no more frizzies. It's taken me years to get my hair this smooth.

Springhasarrived Mon 01-Oct-12 04:51:15

I am a total convert. I love the ANew range - the age appropriate one. My beautician remarked recently that my skin is in very good order and it can only be that.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 02-Oct-12 00:04:36

Thanks folks, a mate has just starred out and j want to support her so this helps!

PerryCombover Tue 02-Oct-12 00:13:23

I think their conceal ears and highlighters are great

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 02-Oct-12 00:15:41

Can I smirk at a poster called Combover talking about concealing ears?

grin

PerryCombover Tue 02-Oct-12 00:23:29

You may

converseconvert Tue 02-Oct-12 00:31:59

I second the MagicX Primer and I love the bubble baths

Wowserz129 Tue 02-Oct-12 12:07:02

I like the super shock mascara! No spider eyes!

YouOldSlag Tue 02-Oct-12 12:28:37

The Skin So Soft body oil spray is a well known mozzie repellent (original, not the pink one).

I find the scents all a bit samey like cheap vanilla air freshener, but the celebrity ones are good i.e Reese Witherspoon, Fergie's one, and of course the Lacroix and Ungaro ones are good.

I have always loved the jewellery and the little sets make great Christmas presents too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now