Talk

Advanced search

Shampoo recommendation

(10 Posts)
Pinkpiglet Sat 29-Sep-12 13:17:09

Hello all,

I am in need of some recommendations for good shampoo. I'm currently getting very greasy hair from shampoo build up. I have thick hair with dry highlighted ends and greasy roots.

Can anyone recommend a highstreet shampoo that doesn't cause a build up? I love kerastase but can't afford it whilst on maternity leave.

Thanks in advance!

bangersmashandbeans Sat 29-Sep-12 13:57:23

Sounds like we have similar hair and since getting pregnant everything seems to make it greasy so I've had to experiment a lot. I've finally come up with treseme shampoo (new one black with green writing?) and Pantene conditioner. I'm on day 3 since I washed it and it's still passable! (Good enough for a windy walk on the beach anyway!)

YoullLaughAboutItOneDay Sat 29-Sep-12 14:00:59

I find it needs to be something clear, not white IYSWIM. So I like Tresemme. Timotei is a blast from the past, but pretty good too. Stuff like Pantene builds up something chronic.

knitknack Sat 29-Sep-12 15:23:37

The bodyshop's ginger shampoo is incredible - its marketed as a dry scalp shampoo but keeps my thick hair shiny and happy smile

Birdies Sat 29-Sep-12 15:51:57

I used to buy Kerastase too but I actually prefer the Liz Earle one with their conditioner for dry hair - my hair looks shiny and healthy and never greasy now so I don't need to wash it every day anymore (or even every other day smile ). Oh and I have quite dry ends too normally, but not anymore.

Pinkpiglet Sat 29-Sep-12 16:43:35

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I've just bought some timotei to try as it was £1 in Asda and I'll see how that works.

BupcakesAndCunting Sat 29-Sep-12 18:49:18

The Aussie shampoo for everyday use is BRILLIANT for this! I can't remember the name of it though blush It does say on the blurb on the front that it doesn't cause build-up.

suebfg Sat 29-Sep-12 18:53:50

Another vote for Aussie - smells gorgeous too

Stevie77 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:46:53

Try not using conditioner. Iif you must, use either a hair mask once a week or a leave-in conditioner but a hair most one, not a cream. Conditioner is the biggest culprit in build up and making roots greasy!

Chocoholiday Sat 29-Sep-12 22:00:19

Never put conditioner on top half of hair - just on tips and halfway up - is my top tip from a hairdresser. It seems to work for me. Tresemme is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now