Talk

Advanced search

Hairdresser just did exactly what he wanted NOT what I asked

(9 Posts)
Tertius Sat 29-Sep-12 12:17:08

so now my hair is short and feathery and looks thinneer and messy. Frankly I am upset. Haven't had such a hair disaster for years and years.

I had a sense of for boding - the salon was empty, not booked up for Saturday and on the grimy side. How could i be so stupid? But I wanted to use it as it's my local.

So that this never happens again please can anyone recommend a WEST LONDON decent salon please? Ideally hammersmith or shepherds bush - furth afield if it's great.....

And tell me how to avoid this happening?

And what can I do now except wait for the short wisps to grow.

(anything I can eat to make it grow faster?)

SavoyCabbage Sat 29-Sep-12 12:22:49

Have you washed it yourself yet? I always feel ridiculous until I have washed all the gunk they put in it out. Shorter hair is much more the fashion at the moment.

Tertius Sat 29-Sep-12 12:26:13

Thanks - I did just wash it and dry it and brushed it away from my face and feel more like me. I think I'll get over the shock and in Agee weeks it'll feel okay-ish. But I'm still not happy!

Got a wedding nxt sat and lost impetus to try and find a nice outfit to wear now I feel idiotic!

SavoyCabbage Sat 29-Sep-12 12:41:44

I bet it's great. In Sliding Doors Gwinnie with short hair was much better than Gwinnie with longer hair hanging down her face like socks on a washing line.

For the wedding you could try and wear something around your face as Oprah says. grin Earrings or a scarf.

Tertius Sat 29-Sep-12 20:15:34

You are very kind SavoyCabbage. But Gwyneth Paltrow never kept it short after that film. And this is not a good cut.

Even wondering about going to a v posh salon and asking them to fix it... But wouldn't know where to go! I'll leave it for a week and see.... But thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it

laracroft2001 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:17:29

I've had some really good cuts and colours from headmasters on hammersmith road.

Tertius Sat 29-Sep-12 20:22:51

Have you laracroft? My last haircut was there in shep bush green and that wasn't v good either. But not such a disaster as today's. It's going to take me months to grow this out....

Tertius Sat 29-Sep-12 20:23:38

Thank you though and maybe I'll try there next time... Feelin a bit sorry for myself today!

laracroft2001 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:27:37

To be fair it's been a while since I've been as I moved to east London a year ago but they were my regular salon and never once had a bad thing to say about them- had a number of different stylists as well.

I know how u feel re bad haircut. When I was living in Glasgow, I thought I would try to save money and went to a cheap,almost half the price of places I had previously been to, local salon. Oh dear. Thankfully I have hair that grows quickly that's all I'll say about that!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now