Talk

Advanced search

Foundation with no SPF

(4 Posts)
BestIsWest Fri 28-Sep-12 21:16:09

Following on from another thread can anyone recommend a foundation without SPF?

I've realised that I'm only going to be outside for 30 minutes or so per day during the week over the winter and I need to get some vitamin D as I've already got bone problems. I promise I'll revert to my usual factor 15 at weekends and factor 50 in the summer.

I usually wear Lancome Teint Miracle/Boots No 7 Intelligent/BB but they're all factor 15

lurkingaround Fri 28-Sep-12 22:48:32

With or without sunscreen, in the winter (if you live in norther Europe), you're not going to make much vit D from the sun. The wavelength we get here doesn't make vit D. So you're as well off to continue with your sunscreen, summer and winter and avoid wrinkles, and try and get your vitD from diet (e.g. oily fish, fortified milk) or take a supplement. It's quite hard for us to eat enough vit D. The usual recommended dose is 1000units a day D3. If you already have bone problems I would supplement.

BestIsWest Sat 29-Sep-12 00:13:38

Really? Thanks - that will save me a few quid! Waiting for results of tests before I take anything!

lurkingaround Sat 29-Sep-12 11:38:46

Welcome. smile

Hope the results are ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now