Talk

Advanced search

flat, comfortable, sensible shoe that doesn't make me look like an old lady

(6 Posts)
toastandmarmiterocks Fri 28-Sep-12 19:49:25

I'm entering a new world of work (from being a SAHM) where I can't wear heels, trainers or boots. Those are my standard types of footwear. I'm looking for some flat shoes.

In my head maybe camper or something but I'm not too sure. To wear with skirts/dresses and also trousers (which I also need to locate, no jeans allowed - whole new territory for me, but that's another thread I suspect). They do need to be comfy because I will be on my feet a lot.

I don't want ballet pumps either because they won't be great in the winter.

Any ideas anyone??

Thank you in advance for any help!!

BikeRunSki Fri 28-Sep-12 19:54:45

Have a look at Land's End ballet flats. Much sturdier than most. They are what I wear for work mostvif the year.

ujjayi Fri 28-Sep-12 19:58:39

I have these brogues from Dune in black. They are beautifully soft leather and very comfortable. I am heavy on my feet and these have lasted regular wear for a year without resoling or reheeling.

hermioneweasley Fri 28-Sep-12 20:02:19

I believe fit flop are making ballet flats but I haven't tried them. I love my fit flop sandals.

webwiz Fri 28-Sep-12 20:06:32

I bought these today www.clarks.co.uk/p/20349082 and they are really comfy. I need some flat shoes that will put up with lots of walking and ballet pumps feel too flimsy.

teta Fri 28-Sep-12 20:28:19

I have just bought the Fitflop ballet flats and they are comfortable and look good -in black patent.They are not as wide in fitting as the fitflop boots/flipflops but the sole still feels nice and soft and bouncy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now