Talk

Advanced search

Foundation or BB recommendations

(8 Posts)
converseconvert Fri 28-Sep-12 15:13:42

Having to find another foundation or maybe BB as have developed psoriasis on my face (first time on face after years of it on body) and my usual foundation is going flakey on the dry patches. I like natural to medium coverage, have very pale skin and very rarely flush.

Any recommendations would be great smile

TIA

Lottapianos Fri 28-Sep-12 15:18:29

I like Maybelline or Gosh BB creams, Maybelline has SPF30 which is particularly good

girlgonemild Fri 28-Sep-12 15:19:39

I'm really keen on the Garnier BB in light (I have pale skin too). I have dryish skin though not psoriasis or anything. I find it is miles better than foundations I have used as it just melts into the skin. You can use it with mosturiser underneath as well. It isn't as thick in terms of coverage as foundation but it is hassle free looks like you aren't wearing anything but you look noticeably better and more even toned.

CockBollocks Fri 28-Sep-12 15:30:05

I like the Maybelline one - also I use rosehip oil for my seriously falkey patches.

Would that help you?

converseconvert Fri 28-Sep-12 15:37:40

I heard about the Boots Organic facial oil which I think has Rosehip in it. Local Boots is sold out but going further afield tomorrow so hopefully be able to get some.

Havingkittens Fri 28-Sep-12 16:11:31

MAC Face & Body Foundation is really good for dry flakey skin types, eczema etc as it doesn't stick to the dry skin and is water based. It can be a bit "glowy" though so if you don't like that look it may not be for you. It's worth going and trying it on in store and wearing it for a day before you commit to buying as some people can also be sensitive to it. I used it on a presenter client who had psoriasis recently and it worked really well on his skin. The other one I love at the moment is the new YSL Touche Eclat Foundation as it doesn't have any powder based fillers and is gel based so it also doesn't stick to dry skin, just makes you look really fresh and radiant but not in a super shiny way!

converseconvert Fri 28-Sep-12 17:11:09

Will ask for sample of the YSL tomorrow and check out samples of the Garnier and Maybelline as well smile

MsArseBiscuit Fri 28-Sep-12 17:57:39

Another vote for the YSL here, it's my new favourite and I found a shade to match my pasty skin with no difficulty at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now