Talk

Advanced search

I just tried some perfume by Lady Gaga - I smell just like my nana used to when I was a little girl

(21 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 28-Sep-12 14:47:47

Lovely!

But I'm not sure it's the effect intended

It was a free sample from Boots - I wonder if it's worth buying

Kopparbergkate Fri 28-Sep-12 15:15:22

If its called Fame, I bought that perfume last week - tried it on the way out to a work conference, liked how it developed and bought a bottle on the way back through Duty Free on the way home.

I really like it and have worn it every day since...I obviously like smelling like your Nana smile

KatyMac Fri 28-Sep-12 15:21:21

It is just like her - I think he used to wear 'Courant' or something like that

I really like it & I haven't bought perfume since I bought 'Paris' many years ago

HollyBollyBooBoo Fri 28-Sep-12 15:31:01

Does it smell nice? The fact that Lady Gaga wanted the scent of blood and semen in it put me right off. If I wanted to end up smelling like blood and semen I'd go out into Nottingham on a Saturday night.

KatyMac Fri 28-Sep-12 15:42:00

Eewwwhh

But it does smell a bit 'old lady'......oh dear

Kopparbergkate Fri 28-Sep-12 15:54:01

oh God; I didn't think it smelled either like bodily fluids or like old ladies...I thought there was a touch of Body Shop fruitiness but nicer and long lasting. I obviously have NO SENSE OF SMELL sad

DameAbsy Fri 28-Sep-12 15:57:52

Weird. So it doesn't smell how you'd imagine Lady Gaga would smell?

My colleague has Britney perfume (long story) and we were joking does it smells like despair, MacDonalds and cigarettes, but it does actually smell (weirdly) how you imagine Britney would smell (very sweet scent).

SuePurblybilt Fri 28-Sep-12 15:58:12

Ewwww. So the conclusions is it smells like leaky old ladies who like a good time?

KatyMac Fri 28-Sep-12 19:20:39

Well I have had it on all afternoon & everyone says they like it

So it can't be that bad!!

Nagoo Fri 28-Sep-12 21:12:37

apparently she's sold 6 million bottles in a week.

KatyMac Fri 28-Sep-12 22:54:27

Really?? My Nana must have smelt really nice!!

applecrumbleandcream Sat 29-Sep-12 01:44:26

I tried a squirt today and it is quite nice, I noticed though that the perfume is black coloured in the bottle, what is it like when it is on? Would it stain your clothes?

TheCatInTheHairnet Sat 29-Sep-12 01:47:45

I am always wondering what the smell was that my Grandma had. It was like a mixture of Anais Anais, Avon Talcum Powder and Shepherd's Pie. If I could bottle it, I would!!!

applecrumbleandcream Sat 29-Sep-12 02:02:00

I must admit though that semen and blood has put me off! I like the new Elie Saab perfume so may put that on my xmas list.

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 29-Sep-12 08:05:02

It is black in the bottle but turns transparent upon contact with the air so no risk of staining clothes.

Aquelven Sat 29-Sep-12 08:41:20

Perhaps she wanted it to go with that meaty frock she wore.

SnapesOnAPlane Sat 29-Sep-12 08:48:52

I got a sample in Septembers Glossybox, I like it but it's definitely not a HG perfume - it was a bit bland to me. It didn't last long on my skin either, only a few hours.
Worth a try to see how it smells on your skin, imo. Beautiful bottle as well - always a plus.

KatyMac Sat 29-Sep-12 10:20:56

What's a "HG perfume" please?

MsOnatopp Sat 29-Sep-12 11:26:51

Sorry to those who bought it but I thought it smelled nice-ish but cheap.

Was not impressed.

SnapesOnAPlane Sat 29-Sep-12 12:22:26

Holy Grail smile
'Holy Grail (HG): just as the quest for the Holy Grail in Arthurian legend is thought to symbolize man’s quest for perfection and wholeness, so in perfume terms, a Holy Grail is a perfume so perfect that it precludes the need to continue searching for new fragrances. It is often used to characterize a favorite scent in a specific category, as in “I’ve found my HG citrus” or “Iris Silver Mist is my HG iris”.' from here.
Just means it's not my perfect perfume! blush <geek>

KatyMac Sat 29-Sep-12 12:39:22

I really like it due to memories - so I will wear my sample

I'll decide about the perfume after it runs out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now