Talk

Advanced search

I need moisture!

(7 Posts)
mintymellons Fri 28-Sep-12 11:30:50

Jeez, my hair is dry. It's very thick and wavy/curly. I've been doing a version of the curly girl method for the past year or so and leaving it au naturel instead straightening it as I had done for years before.

Trouble is that no matter how much conditioner, hair moisturisers, or oils I use, it remains dry as a nun's whatsit.

What do other MNers use on thick dry hair?

mummybear12 Fri 28-Sep-12 12:48:46

i have thick naturaly curly hair as well , i try not to colour it too often about twice a yr but lucky i have no grey yet so can do that , i use deep conditioner every time i wash and a hair serem to stop heat damage , but sometime s you need that extra help like cod liver oil capsuls, or the tab you get for hair and nails are good , i like the dove shampoos for heat defence find them very good , hope this helps

mintymellons Fri 28-Sep-12 13:05:55

Thanks mummybear. I don't really colour mine although my hairdresser suggested that I should try it as some colour treatments add shine/gloss. I do take cod liver oil caps every day and use a shampoo/conditioner especially for curly hair plus a hair moisturiser and Extraordinary Oil. Still dry though sad

mummybear12 Fri 28-Sep-12 13:54:19

god you are doing everything possible !! the only other thing i could suggest is head massages as it brings the natural oil around the hair , and to try wash your hair less often , sorry im not much help am i

Beegey Fri 28-Sep-12 15:41:30

I would also suggest glossing every couple of months. Makes a huge difference to my hair which is also dry and curly. Use serum several times a day too!

mistlethrush Fri 28-Sep-12 15:45:28

I've got thick, curly, dry hair - I've found the Naked Rescue Conditioner really good since reading about the Naked range on some of the curly girl threads. I rarely need to wash my hair unless I've been swimming - and then the similar shampoo is good.

SpicyPear Fri 28-Sep-12 16:39:01

I have the same type of hair and second a regular glossing. I know colouring is supposed to dry the hair out but it adds a nice shine that makes it look much much healthier!

Also, are you getting it cut regularly? I absolutely cannot slack off with my 8 weekly trim or it turns soon into straw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now