Talk

Advanced search

Good quality wellies for kids

(11 Posts)
ruby22 Fri 28-Sep-12 10:23:16

While I don't think the hunter ones are worth it what about Aigle, Or Joules, Boden etc, are they any more durable than what I can get at tesco or George?
All my kids need new ones right now.

RamblingRosa Fri 28-Sep-12 10:26:32

I found the Croc ones really good. They're ££ but you can find them cheaper on ebay and amazon. I got them for about £12. Still more than Tesco but they are much better than cheapo wellies. They're really lightweight.

ruby22 Fri 28-Sep-12 10:28:50

Hadn't,t thought of crocs am off to have a look thanks RR

nomnomdeplume Fri 28-Sep-12 10:34:05

The croc ones are much too short for us. We buy Hunters or Aigle. We live in them though.

ruby22 Fri 28-Sep-12 10:37:08

Nom which of the 2 brands do you prefer?

RunsWithScissors Fri 28-Sep-12 11:31:02

I really like the ocean ones from here

Real rubber, so not stiff and very comfortable. They're really durable too. Just about to order the next size up for my dd

Caerlaverock Fri 28-Sep-12 11:45:05

Boden/joules ones have good grips on soles and are good length for wading in rivers. Also v. Pretty. Boden ones are reduced atm

dancingqueen78 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:48:47

Just saw these - pricey but look really good - they don't go up to my kids' sizes though. We've tried other stuff from Didriksons and their stuff does last forever.

Cherrypie32 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:50:27

My friend made the good point that she buys the croc wellies as there is no inside soles to get dry when/if water goes over the top. My DD is always wading around in puddles/sea water etc and has three pairs of cheap wellies as they take so long to dry inside when this happens.

CeeceeBloomingdale Fri 28-Sep-12 12:04:37

Hatley wellies are nice

RillaBlythe Fri 28-Sep-12 12:09:25

I got a pair of Hunter wellies for DD after her Clarks ones wore through the soles in about 4 months. They are holding up nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now