Talk

Advanced search

Brown Mascara?

(8 Posts)
Shh2012 Fri 28-Sep-12 08:27:52

I can wear black ok in the evening but I've noticed recently, as I'm getting older, that it's just too harsh in the daytime. (Auburn hair, pale ivory skin). I've found several black/brown mascaras but most of them just look straight black to me. I can't even seem to find brown mascara anymore.
Does anyone use it if so what brand?

suburbandweller Fri 28-Sep-12 09:14:06

Lancome Hypnose comes in brown and is a good mascara (NOT the Hypnose Drama or any of the other derivatives of the brand as they flake everywhere - the original hypnose is good though)

SpicyPear Fri 28-Sep-12 09:25:32

YSL effet faux cils. I have similar colouring and like this in brown for daytime.

Pinot Fri 28-Sep-12 09:30:55

Noooo. Black mazzie always, just soften it with a brown liner, smudged to a flattering line.

Pinot Fri 28-Sep-12 09:33:19

Oh balls, posted too soon.

Ahem.

IMHO it's not the black that's wrong, it's the contrast between pale (aged?) akin and the black. So that's where the brown liner, smudgey smudgey comes in. Softer against skintone but you still have the benefit of black mazzie to really make your eyelashes defined.

Brown mascara always seems to meh to me. And as a ginger, I've tried loads as it's often -wrongly-- recommended. You still need to frame your eyes as best you can - and that's black.

Pinot Fri 28-Sep-12 09:33:43

akin = skin [arse]

seriously need coffee

OrangeHorraceTheGoldenOtter Fri 28-Sep-12 09:36:53

Guerlain! gorgeous khol pencils in soft browns too.

2blessed2bstressed Fri 28-Sep-12 09:42:38

YSL do some really fab coloured mascara. I have the green/black and the blue/black and they're gorgeous. There's also a ruby/black - which isn't as scary as it sounds!
I use the green one as an everyday one, with a bronzeish greenish gel eyeliner from mac. Similar colouring to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now