Talk

Advanced search

Sizing help please for hopeful dieter

(7 Posts)
SchmancyPants Fri 28-Sep-12 07:20:36

Hi, I am 5' 1" and was a biggish size 14 up until the end of July, when I started cutting out the crap food and exercising and have lost 12 pounds so far (proud emoticon). I am now struggling as my old size 14 trousers are beginning to fall off me (literally, in the case of one pair!) but the size 12 ones I have recently bought in an optimistic mood are still too small. I can get them on, but there is a SERIOUS muffin top going on!
My question is, which shops tend towards more generous sizing? I need some smart trousers for work in a biggish size 12 to wear until I have lost a bit more weight. Not a massive budget so although I love Karen Millen and Jigsaw stuff, I an sadly more at the Next and M and S price range.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cordrazine Fri 28-Sep-12 07:30:07

Next and M&S tend to be generous, as does DorothyPerkins ime. Hope you find something.

SchmancyPants Fri 28-Sep-12 07:40:41

Thanks Cordrazine. Hadn't thought of Dorothy Perkins- will have a look. Any other ideas?

Spamspamspam Fri 28-Sep-12 09:29:29

I find kew big I am a 14-16 but can guarantee to always be a 14 in there and sometimes veering towards a 12. They have a sale on at the moment got some dresses for £25 reduced from £109! Kew is sister company to jigsaw so lots of similar stuff but cheaper

SpicyPear Fri 28-Sep-12 09:54:59

Wallis?

moosemama Fri 28-Sep-12 09:58:55

Definitely Next, their size 12 is very generous. I bought a pair when I'd lost weight and found they were too big. Kept them anyway and now I've gained a stone (thanks to two months on crutches) and am around a size 14 the Next size 12's fit me perfectly.

I also find their 'slim leg' jeans both flattering and good for muffin-top issues. They're not as unforgiving as skinnies and they're not high-waist, but are higher than hipsters, so keep things under control, iykwim. wink

THETrills Fri 28-Sep-12 10:08:14

Dressipi will take your measurements and tell you what size you should be in a variety of shops, according to the shops' own definitions of their sizing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now