Talk

Advanced search

Help me find some Event Shoes!

(4 Posts)
StetsonsAreCool Thu 27-Sep-12 20:39:12

Part of my job involves me going to trade shows and exhibitions, where I'm on my feet from the minute I get to the venue to the minute I get back in the car 8 hours later. Last week, I didn't even sit down for lunch, and I was wearing 3 inch wedges which are my comfiest 'presentable' shoes. Sore doesn't even come close.

I have to wear suity/business dress, so I need something reasonably smart.

Can anyone make me some suggestions? I have no idea where to start (previous job v. casual dress)

My budget is about £50, but under that would be a huge bonus, considering I've got to buy a whole new winter work wardrobe in the next few weeks too!

LittlePandaBear Thu 27-Sep-12 22:01:49

Have you looked at Clarks?

Plenty within your budget and generally comfortable styles. The link shows some courts with a block heel which should be more manageable for all day, although you could go for flats if you're not fixed on heels.

FunbleBummy Thu 27-Sep-12 22:18:41

Y y. Clarkes.

I have to spend hours on my feet sometimes at work, and also smartly dressed.

The best shoes I have found are the Mary Portas for Clarkes ones. They will blow your budget, but I have done a whole event season on mine and I haven't even had to replace the heel yet. And they are more comfortable than any I can remember for years.

these

StetsonsAreCool Fri 28-Sep-12 19:59:33

Thank you both. I'll head to Clarks tomorrow and see what I can find. Funny, I never think of Clarks for myself, but DD needs shoes too, so maybe we'll both come out with something this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now