Talk

Advanced search

White tops for layering under cardi's

(12 Posts)
Brandnewbrighttomorrow Thu 27-Sep-12 14:29:24

struggling to find plain white tops that are suitable to go under cardi's - not clingy as my tummy needs to be disguised and not see through as i want to wear with dark jeans. I'd prefer a scoop neck, either to the hip or a bit longer. Didn't think this would be a tricky thing to find but all the tops I've tried are really thin and clingy. I'm 5'8" and a size 12-14. Help!

SpicyPear Thu 27-Sep-12 14:49:04

Interested in this too as have the same problem. I always size up in white but everything I've tried is still completely see through.

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Thu 27-Sep-12 22:30:45

Anyone?

FrumpyPumpy Thu 27-Sep-12 22:32:37

Dotty p?

springlenner Thu 27-Sep-12 23:32:41

Can't say how good they are myself but I just ordered Pure Body white long sleeved Tee from the Gap uk site. £12.95 ea. There are hundreds of reviews in the US Gap site and comes out 41/2 stars so I'm hopeful. Boden has a "layering" tee which looked ok but my size out of stock. I also have a lovely one from Baukjen , I think it's called Extra long scoop neck tee" it's lovely but not worth the £49 (what was I thinking shock)
I live in layered vest tops / t shirts under scratchy jumpers , cardies in the winter so marking my spot. All my old ones so shabby.

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Thu 27-Sep-12 23:33:34

Like the shape of this but not the price tag

Still working on the post baby tummy but something that skims over without clinging would be a Very Good Thing.

SleepyFergus Fri 28-Sep-12 06:52:40

Don't get the Boden layering one. It's good, but is slightly see through and clingy. Perfect for under short sleeved jumpers which is what I wanted, but I wouldn't wear with a cardi.

TellMeLater Fri 28-Sep-12 07:21:53

Primark are selling long sleeved - properly long, scoop neck tshirts. Cotton with 5% Lycra surprisingly good quality for £3.50, in lots of different colours - get them all!

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Fri 28-Sep-12 10:12:42

Thanks all, particularly the advice on the Boden one, had a look at that last night. I usually shop at cos, kew, odd bits from White stuff and Laura Ashley, I'm happy to spend a bit more to get really good quality - shouldn't be difficult?!

Cherrypie32 Fri 28-Sep-12 12:03:00

I've got the Boden Essential Scoop Neck which is a nice non-see through l/s top, worn this week under White Co cardi.

Dollydowser Fri 28-Sep-12 15:33:57

I have bought long sleeve scoop neck T shirts this week from Boden and Lands End. They aren't white though so can't comment on the see through aspect, but the Boden were thicker than Lands End, and the sleeves were too long on Lands End for me. Boden I sized up 2 sizes to get non clinging.

PropositionJoe Fri 28-Sep-12 15:37:41

I wear H and M with a vest from gap underneath - so two layers, then not see through. Still wear a nude colour bra though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now