Talk

Advanced search

Mint Velvet - new sale bits. If you like grey ...

(19 Posts)
CaroleService Thu 27-Sep-12 11:45:57

... this looks good for the price

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/storm-lace-shift-dress-16//mint-v/fcp-product/2234?colour=grey

I got free delivery too for some reason

Popcornia Thu 27-Sep-12 12:13:17

It's a gorgeous dress.

As a small public service announcement for anyone considering ordering it - I found it VERY hard to get into. Between the bodycon fit and the complete lack of opening anywhere around the neck, the dress is basically sealed from under the arms upwards. This means you wriggle it over your head. I have standard width (though unusually flexible) shoulders for my height (5.10") and wear a 32F, so once I was into the dress (which looked lovely on) I was STUCK. I nearly had to call for help to take it off. I think only my flexibility actually helped me do it myself, but it was a pretty close run thing.

So be warned - you may want someone around when you try it on. Just in case.

That said, I would love to hear from people who have this dress and don't have any trouble getting in & out of it. I may just be entirely the wrong shape for it, though it looked good when I was actually in it!

prelim29 Thu 27-Sep-12 12:16:07

I love that dress!! Thanks for the link, have never really considered Mint Velvet before.

CaroleService Thu 27-Sep-12 12:32:59

Thanks Pop - maybe I'll video it for here ...

Popcornia Sat 29-Sep-12 23:01:16

So... Has it arrived? Have you tried it? Am I the only woman in the world who got stuck in it...?

CaroleService Sun 30-Sep-12 12:20:23

The b*****s failed to deliver - said it was out of stock, though it is still showing in stock on the website. I re-ordered it but dare say the same thing will happen.

Be assured, if it arrives and I get stuck, you will all know about it unless I am too stuck to type ...

BonnyDay Sun 30-Sep-12 14:43:28

i like the daisy one

SomethingOnce Sun 30-Sep-12 15:34:31

Could I wear this grey dress for work (office) or is it too dressy uppy? (Sorry if this sounds like a silly question - since DC I have lost my style compass!)

BonnyDay Sun 30-Sep-12 15:49:05

If smart office

SuePurblybilt Sun 30-Sep-12 16:04:31

Still doing free delivery and MINT15 gets you a further discount.

BonnyDay Sun 30-Sep-12 16:17:45

OOH SUE

SomethingOnce Sun 30-Sep-12 16:20:35

Oh... I've just ordered without the 15% but it's not a smart office so I think I might end up losing my nerve anyway blush

What happens if you dress too smart for your office? Does it give a bad impression? I want to defrump but don't want to get it all wrong and waste money while I'm about it.

TheBuskersDog Sun 30-Sep-12 16:38:26

The discount doesn't work, maybe only works on full price things.

mewkins Sun 30-Sep-12 18:01:02

Could you wear a long sleeved tshirt under it to make it less dressy?

cheesesarnie Sun 30-Sep-12 18:02:54

they don't do my size! sad

SuePurblybilt Sun 30-Sep-12 19:27:00

Just worked for me on a sale skirt. MINT15 or MINT20, got it off another MN thread grin. I used MINT15 and reduced a £15 skirt to £12.75 so whatever that is grin. The free postage is automatic.

BonnyDay Sun 30-Sep-12 19:44:56

Nope. Not here

SuePurblybilt Sun 30-Sep-12 20:29:44

How bizarre. I'd just done it.

SomethingOnce Sun 30-Sep-12 20:37:10

mewkins, it's got an asymmetric neckline which I'm not sure would work with a tee underneath. I do mean I'm not sure as this is exactly the kind of thing I find challenging when trying to put an outfit together. Thanks for the suggestion though smile I'll bear it in mind when I try it on before shedding tears of frustration and sending it back

Doesn't work for me either, Bonny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now