Talk

Advanced search

I love this dress but, um, it is from Superdry and I am 32...?

(44 Posts)
ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 09:25:54

Dress

I am fairly grungy/gothy (but in a more grown up way than I used to be) generally and love it but, well, isn't Superdry for skinny stylish teenagers?

maybenow Thu 27-Sep-12 09:27:52

I quite like it - but it is VERY short.. i'd have to wear with leggings, and even then i'd probably look a bit like a heffalump sad

Have you got good legs?

maybenow Thu 27-Sep-12 09:28:18

Also, danger of looking like an elf from tolkein... grin

ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 09:30:14

Elf is ok, I can cope with that.

I am blessed with goodish legs. They are long and reasonably slim anyway.

ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 09:30:49

And I have an extensive collection of thick tights and nice leggings.

AmethystMoon Thu 27-Sep-12 09:33:08

I'd wear it and I am 37 grin love it!

iknowwho Thu 27-Sep-12 09:33:48

I love it. If it suits you buy it!

GolfOscarLimaDelta Thu 27-Sep-12 09:37:10

I like it. Wouldn't suit me but if you love it go for it!

maybenow Thu 27-Sep-12 09:39:31

Go for it then smile

BunnyLebowski Thu 27-Sep-12 09:42:26

70 English pounds for what looks like a sludgey terry towelling jumper someone's pulled straight off a teenager's floor in 1991??

Um. No.

ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 09:45:15

I am not going to pay £70 for it shock - have found one for less than half that.

SunWukong Thu 27-Sep-12 09:56:19

I don't know anyone under 30 who wears superdry, I don't like them tho I think they are stupid, a UK company pretending to be a Japanese company pretending to be Americanjust stupid, I'll stick with proper Japanese uniqlo and bench.

ShowOfHands Thu 27-Sep-12 09:58:21

I am 31 and wearing a dress surprisingly like that. Except mine is purple and er, has some tassels and I bought it from a fairtrade fair.

I've never heard of Superdry though. It sounds like a grade of tampon.

ShowOfHands Thu 27-Sep-12 09:59:27

And my hood is more pixie than that.

I don't give a monkey's flying left tit what I'm supposed to wear. That much is evident. <twirls>

Sossiges Thu 27-Sep-12 09:59:47

If you like it - go for it, you can always take the label out if you're that worried about it grin

Finbert Thu 27-Sep-12 10:00:04

Really pretty, I would wear smile

Alameda Thu 27-Sep-12 10:01:02

I didn't know there was an age limit on these things, why can't my friends TELL ME when I look ridiculous? Have a couple of those vintage thrift dresses (one is a bit like the one in that link) and I liked them until now!

morethanyoubargainfor Thu 27-Sep-12 10:01:46

Where have you found the half price one? I love it and also older than you! I am thinking coloured tights and my purple dm triumph boots! What are the sizes like?

Alameda Thu 27-Sep-12 10:02:11

I am 41 so it must be an even more grave offence sad

SunWukong Thu 27-Sep-12 10:03:09

It's playing on the engrish thing, they started out making Japanese style miss printed tees, hence the name superdry they think it sounds Japanese, that's why I don't like them, they are fake Japanese.

ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 10:04:32

Argh ShowOfHands we have the same dress by the sound of it - I also own and wear a purple fleecey dress with a pixie hood shock hence not caring if this dress has elf overtones.

I don't care about labels usually, just go on whether or not I like something, but all the teenagers at the place where I volunteer wear Superdry everything but then this dress is nothing like all the hoodies and coats etc that they are so fond of confused

ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 10:05:56

Its like they make sporty teenager gear and then have a strange sideline in lovely dresses?

Alameda Thu 27-Sep-12 10:09:23

that's true isn't it, my daughter likes their hoodies but wouldn't borrow my superdry dresses

although haven't worn my favourite one since an elderly perv attached himself to it on a train once, 'such a pretty skirt' 'it's a DRESS', and sat next to me when there were plenty of other seats and gave me his business card hmm

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 27-Sep-12 10:13:15

I only came across Superdry recently. I had been walking past it for sometime before I looked in and realised it wasn't the same thing as Supercuts. I thought it looked very silly.

Then I noticed one of the mums at the school gates wearing a top. I couldn't concentrate on the conversation as I couldn't take my eyes off it and just kept thinking 'really? - what possessed her?'.

TheBirdsTheBirds Thu 27-Sep-12 10:15:25

I find the same thing with <wispers> Jack Wills. They make overpriced, over logo-ed tat, and then extremely gorgeous wool peacoats and 100% wool great quality jumpers/cardis. Strange, but I'm not complaining.

Get the dress OP, it's nice, and anything that makes you look like an elf can't be a bad thing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now