Talk

Advanced search

Dainty brown brogues (low or mid heel) to wear with skirts & dresses

(18 Posts)
abigboydidit Wed 26-Sep-12 22:56:55

Hi,

Am looking for a feminine styled brogue (nothing too chunky as i have chicken legs!) to wear with skirts but am limited in how high my heel can be as am pregnant and have been advised by my physio to avoid anything too flat (hence am chucking my ballet pumps for brogues!) or too high due to pelvic girdle pain. I've seen these but would prefer brown and am not sure if even this heel would be too high. So far I've looked at Debenhams, Monsoon, Hobbs, John Lewis, M&S, New Look & Dorothy Perkins but no luck. Any links or suggestions would be appreciated as I am struggling with wardrobe options as it is!

Thanks in advance.

lindsell Wed 26-Sep-12 23:43:17

these are brown, low heel but a bit chunky probably.

ceeveebee Wed 26-Sep-12 23:53:27

I know you asked for brogues but what about loafers?

www.dune.co.uk/mobile/leiston-leather-heeled-tassel-loafer-0076505410066083

cardoon Thu 27-Sep-12 05:12:50

Dune - I have these in the nude colour - maybe more suited to summer wear though....

dexter73 Thu 27-Sep-12 07:41:28

Clarks?

abigboydidit Thu 27-Sep-12 08:13:45

Thanks everyone. I have a pair of black loafers so was justifying this as a brown purchase! The Clarks ones are almost perfect..but the heels are too high. Sob! I think I want something that doesn't exist!

TheWombat Thu 27-Sep-12 08:18:32

Have you seen boden?

They're expensive but I think they're gorgeous!

YouBrokeMySmoulder Thu 27-Sep-12 08:20:56

You mentioned you have looked in new look which is a bit odd as I bought two pairs of brogues in the past week and they had brown as well. Have you looked online? Granted this one had a huge shoe dept.

abigboydidit Thu 27-Sep-12 09:09:00

Boden ones are lovely but chunkier than I was hoping for. Will try New Look again. I looked online but there were so many I put loads of filters in my search so may have missed some. Typically I just walked past a Jack Wills and they had perfect pair on the model in the window. Had scan online on my phone and can't see them but the shoes I could find were £198 which is way out of my budget..

NeedToSleepZZZ Thu 27-Sep-12 10:08:40

Another vote for loafers, what do you think of these?

2madboys Thu 27-Sep-12 10:22:26

I have these brogues from Clarks and I'm wearing them today. I've got trousers on today but have worn them with skirts too and really happy with them. They also have a fabulous purple lining which no-one else sees but I love smile

Pandsbear Thu 27-Sep-12 11:29:45

I have the same brogues as 2madboys but in the cream/black colourway and am very happy with them.

abigboydidit Thu 27-Sep-12 19:46:44

Just purchased the Clarks ones! Not sure if they will be too clumpy but were so comfy I couldn't resist. Thanks for the links!

Peeenut Thu 27-Sep-12 21:56:50

Are these too flat?
http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-burgundy-schuh-mel-lace-brogue/1337003220

I have them in burgundy but they are also in black, they're not at all chunky.

dexter73 Thu 27-Sep-12 22:54:43

I have the Clarks brogues too and they are so comfortable. I love them!

gypsyfloss Fri 28-Sep-12 06:19:43

I have the Clarks brogues too in tan and the dark wine colour. I absolutely love them, particularly with my Me & Em martini dresses and opaques.

Chandon Fri 28-Sep-12 07:35:55

Toast have the perfect ones, IMO, that are ££££££££

http://www.toast.co.uk/product/footwear/FFAP8/CHIARA+BROGUE.htm?categoryref=%2fcategory.aspx%3fcategoryid%3dfootwear%26seoterm%3dfootwear%26&pcat=footwear&adimage=&clr=FFAP8_chestnutdarkbrown

Chandon Fri 28-Sep-12 07:36:08

www.toast.co.uk/product/footwear/FFAP8/CHIARA+BROGUE.htm?categoryref=%2fcategory.aspx%3fcategoryid%3dfootwear%26seoterm%3dfootwear%26&pcat=footwear&adimage=&clr=FFAP8_chestnutdarkbrown

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now