Talk

Advanced search

Proper denim jeans. Where?

(6 Posts)
xMinerva Wed 26-Sep-12 22:40:22

I need new jeans but every shop I went into today had that crappy, thin, stretchy, not anywhere near denim, material as "jeans".

Budget Probably £30 each and I need 2 pairs.

I got my last couple of pairs from Wallis. Ok they are still slightly stretchy material but that's ok. Went in today and ALL their jeans are like leggings.

Next/H&M/New Look/River Island/Top Shop (that's about it for clothes shops in my crappy town) all the same.

SorrelForbes Wed 26-Sep-12 22:42:44

Gap denim isn't too bad. Next's relaxed skinny is fairly thick denim too.

Cherrypie32 Wed 26-Sep-12 23:09:09

I found exactly this in M&S today, jeggings are just super stretchy denim type material. I like some stretch but want a thicker denim.

HipHopOpotomus Wed 26-Sep-12 23:52:07

I've tonight trawled Westfield looking for dark straight jeans and black moleskin type trousers. I was drowning in jegging hell. Everywhere bloody jeggings and treggings and most of the rest were skinny jeans. sad

I never get shopping time - back to the Internet. Might have to splash out in boden. I was looking at that same dress but fear I'm too booby for it.

HipHopOpotomus Wed 26-Sep-12 23:53:07

Oops thinking of another thread re dress grin

whataboutbob Thu 27-Sep-12 09:14:48

Uniqlo are very good, they cost £20 but for that price they'll do an alteration to length if needed. Lots of different styles and washes. IME nearly as good as Paige jeans but obviously you get what you pay for. Better cut than GAP I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now