Talk

Advanced search

Do you have the Clarks wedge boots? What do you think of them?

(8 Posts)
ZuleikaJambiere Wed 26-Sep-12 21:51:04

My old faithful boots, that have seen me through everything since sometime in the last millennium, have finally bitten the dust. I am searching for the perfect pair to replace them, and wondering if these knee high, wedge heeled boots might be what I'm looking for. Does anyone have these? And if so, do they tick all the boxes?

My wish list is ...
- smart casual! Smart enough for the office, yet casual enough for weekends
- good soles, for the winter walk to school/work on icy pavements
- look good with skirts/dresses and under trousers (I prefer flared/boot cut trousers to skinnies)
- timeless and not obviously 2012, I hope they'll last almost as long as the ones they're replacing
- not flat, but not high heels

Do these boots fit the bill? Or do you know of a pair that do? My old pair are, quite literally, big shoes to fill!

TIA

ZuleikaJambiere Thu 27-Sep-12 10:49:34

Bumping to see if you have any thoughts today

BeauNeidel Thu 27-Sep-12 21:14:15

I like those boots a lot. I haven't had Clarks for years though, so don't know what they're like. I think the last time I tried them they were a bit narrow for me.

Incidentally, where are your old boots from? I like boots but it doesn't matter how much I spend on them, the heels go, the soles go, the inner soles go....am I just really really hard on my feet?!

ZuleikaJambiere Fri 28-Sep-12 13:50:34

They were Ravel (do Ravel even exist anymore?), they have had the zips replaced over the years, but I definitely got my money's worth. But now the soles have split and they can't be replaced. They are a single wedge shaped piece of some sort of rubbery material (great for not slipping when it's icy), which is beyond my local cobblers sad. I do get through a lot of heels in my other shoes and boots, but these were magical!

I don't live near a Clarks, so think I'll try ordering online and see if they fit the bill. My feet aren't wide, so fingers crossed

higgle Fri 28-Sep-12 13:55:45

Don't know about the boots but I have just bought a pair of Clark's wedge shoes for office wear and they are very comfortable and easy to walk on. (Flake Berry) p.s. there is a voucher code BEYOURS12 for 20% off current to the end of September.

Durab Fri 28-Sep-12 14:11:44

I have four pairs of Clarks boots blush varying from 12m to 10yo. I love them all, they've all been completely comfortable, durable, practical and IMO plenty styling/fashionable enough! I like those brown ones.

MysteriousHamster Fri 28-Sep-12 19:07:32

They look very nice but would be a bit high for me for daily wear. I do have some pairs with similar heels but don't tend to opt for them that option.

Otherwise, they look good for under jeans or with skirts, so nice find!

ZuleikaJambiere Fri 28-Sep-12 20:13:09

Well you've convinced me. smile The good reviews and Higgle's code have made my mind up. I will go and find my card!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now