Talk

Advanced search

What footwear would one wear with this dress please?

(10 Posts)
Millie1 Wed 26-Sep-12 21:48:49

Sorry but it's White stuff! Really like the look of it but it wasn't until I read the reviews that I clicked its a below the knee dress. What footwear? I love my knee high flat boots with above the knee dresses but sadly, I don't think that would work with this. And I've horrible, skinny calves that I don't like to show off! Maybe it's too dressy for everyday/school run wear?

What's the Mumsnet feeling please?

FunbleBummy Wed 26-Sep-12 22:11:46

Ooh, I like!

What about the boots to the right on the page under 'complete your look'?

here they look a bit shorter than knee length so could work witht the dress but still be lovely and warm.

FunbleBummy Wed 26-Sep-12 22:12:58

Wtaf happened to my link there?

Sorry this is the correct link

racingheart Wed 26-Sep-12 22:24:41

I had no idea it was possible to hate skinny calves. Thought they were the ideal. Want to swap wink?

I'd definitely wear that dress (lovely btw) with knee boots and chunky coloured woolly tights.

Millie1 Wed 26-Sep-12 22:28:34

It's lovely, isn't it. Just debating whether to order to try it on. These are my existing brown knee high boots but I'm not sure they'll work with it. Would it look a bit 80's with that type of boot? Wool tights ... Definitely!

Racingheart - believe me, it is possible to have too skinny calves! Will happily swap! grin

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Wed 26-Sep-12 23:46:50

You need your existing boots in black grin

crazybutterflylady Thu 27-Sep-12 07:06:22

It's navy isn't it so you could wear the brown boots with it? I had a dress just like that pre babies and to be honest I did find it quite hard to wear because of the length. Because the skirt is flared too I felt a bit too girly in non-flats. If you have slim legs you could try brogues and cover your legs with really thick opaques?
I had a similar dress that was above the knee and though my legs are like tree trust I preferred that one because it was more wearable. Be careful with coat length etc over the white stuff one, too.

Millie1 Thu 27-Sep-12 11:46:05

Thanks both of you. The length could be problematic - somehow longer seems dressier! Will continue to think about it!

TapselteerieO Thu 27-Sep-12 12:22:47

Could you get ankle boots, if you have skinny legs they should work, something with a chunky heel to stop it looking too dressy. Or a short biker/cowboy style boot might work.

Like these? or something like this style?

TapselteerieO Thu 27-Sep-12 12:30:00

Or a style like this - chelsea boot type?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now