Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

frizzmergency: have boots stopped selling curl creme?

(17 Posts)
Himalaya Wed 26-Sep-12 17:49:13

I have been in 3 branches and all are out of curl creme - big pink pot of wonder stuff for taming frizz into springy curls.

Have they withdrawn it?

What to use now? Whatever it is I bet it's going to cost more than three quid sad

fertilityFTW Wed 26-Sep-12 17:50:37

Oh no! That's wonderful stuff!
<protectively strokes what may be last ever pot of pink wondergunk>

fertilityFTW Wed 26-Sep-12 17:53:25

Out of stock online as well sad

HiHowAreYou Wed 26-Sep-12 17:54:38

Noooooooooo!
Say it isn't true!

Itsgottabebags Wed 26-Sep-12 17:59:50

Another Mumsnetter emailed Boots and it said they hadn't discontinued it.

HipHopOpotomus Wed 26-Sep-12 18:21:05

I buy a produce by Naked called Curl Taming Cream from Boots. It's pretty good actually - I use it on DD's mixed race corkscrews. Best curl enhancer we've used.

Himalaya Wed 26-Sep-12 19:07:42

Itsgottabebags - really? Has there already been another thread on this?! They better not have discontinued, or it could be a Mummsnet Campaign grin

Bought some olive oil pudding (which doesn't sound too appetising)

Itsgottabebags Wed 26-Sep-12 20:22:40

Yes and yes

ilovegreenbeans Wed 26-Sep-12 21:05:51

I use and highly rate the Naked curling creme too- I like it better than the pink stuff smile

CarpeJugulum Wed 26-Sep-12 21:11:46

Used Boots and I now REALLY rate Phil Smith Curly Locks.

About £4 usually, but on offer in Sainsburys for 50% off.

Wonderful, it gives me curly curls, but no crispness.

LakeFlyPie Wed 26-Sep-12 21:31:40

I find the pink tub stuff a bit sticky.
Prefer Umberto Giannini's pink tube, think it's called scrunching gel.

HipHopOpotomus Fri 28-Sep-12 09:43:37

Naked also do a great rich conditioner for curly hair - best we've discovered yet. I stock up on both when they have 3 for 2 offers.

hippermiddleton Fri 28-Sep-12 10:48:40

Twisted Sista curl creme from Tesco's is also surprisingly good for £5.

GobblersKnob Fri 28-Sep-12 10:56:18

[[ ]]

HipHopOpotomus Fri 28-Sep-12 11:18:26

Should mention the NAKED range is silicone free! (I don't own shares honest - it's has just changed our lives smile)

Pinot Fri 28-Sep-12 15:03:15

I don't like the CC stuff - I never think I'm doing it right. Always a bit sticky.

aquavit Fri 28-Sep-12 15:33:30

I am cross about this because have only just started to re-embrace the curls (after over a decade of straightening) and the blasted stuff has been out of stock ever since

However I am getting on very nicely with a combination of the Naked leave in conditioner and Umberto Giannini scrunching jelly - works a treat and no 'cones

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: