Talk

Advanced search

I need some pants that flatten my tummy without the overhang - do they exist?

(20 Posts)
Loueytb3 Wed 26-Sep-12 13:03:45

I have lost all the baby weight finally but still don't have a flat tummy and I have a bit of a cs overhang that I can hide in most clothes but not tight fitting ones.

I have bought a fab new dress but I need some underwear to smooth out my tummy. In the past whenever I've tried control underwear I've just ended up with it spilling out over the top.

Is there anything out there that will do the trick <crosses fingers>

dottyaboutstripes Wed 26-Sep-12 13:45:34

I can't get along with those kind of pants at all, so I wear M&S tummy control vests when necessary. They are fantastic IMO - but you have to step into them rather then try to get them on over your head

bishboschone Wed 26-Sep-12 13:54:17

Buy proper spanx . The cycling shorts ones . Worth the money .

blue2 Wed 26-Sep-12 13:57:48

I'd get something that comes all the way up to the underside of my bra. Stops it seeping out elsewhere!

Yup, higher power/super power spanx - they go up to your bra and quite far down the thitgh, so no overhang. Worth every penny.

megandraper Wed 26-Sep-12 15:35:40

Spanx - expensive but good, and comfy!

Themumsnot Wed 26-Sep-12 15:41:10

I have these ones from Marks, they go right up to your bra so no overhang.
I also have this slip which is great for giving a smooth line under dresses.
If I'm really desperate I wear them both at once!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 26-Sep-12 15:44:51

Get Marks and Spencer tummy shaper pants. They are less than half the price of Spanx, and much better IMO if you only need your tummy smoothed.
If you also need your hips smoothing then Spanx would be the thing.

CMOTDibbler Wed 26-Sep-12 15:47:24

The wear your own bra M&S one is great for smoothing everything out and v comfy

CMOTDibbler Wed 26-Sep-12 15:47:38

I mean M&S slip <doh>

Eliza22 Wed 26-Sep-12 15:59:40

I used to wear m and s ones. But.... That flesh has to go somewhere! I'd get a bulge at the top of my legs and a muffin to p and I don't even HAVE a muffin top, when my body isn't being all squished up.

Instead, I now buy m&s sheer tights (black) and they have control around the tummy/backside..... Giving a smooth, leaner look. Much better.

I had various control undies and binned them. They made me self conscious and I was always trying to pull them up or down and prevent "rolls" at top and bottom!

Loueytb3 Wed 26-Sep-12 22:00:19

Sorry for going AWOL - DS3 ill sad

I quite like the look of the wear your own bra one. My thighs are ok so I'm not so worried about them. Do the spanx ones have vpl? The dress is jersey material and quite clingy.

CarpeJugulum Wed 26-Sep-12 22:02:10

Spanx have no vpl and are comfy.

Bit of a PITA for going to the loo (try not to get caught short!) but brill otherwise.

Tiddlymum Wed 26-Sep-12 22:03:00

Louey what dress size are you?

kekouan Wed 26-Sep-12 22:03:22

Yy to spanx. They have magic powers and a special wee flap

kekouan Wed 26-Sep-12 22:04:18

You will not see spanx under a clingy dress at all. Get the tit to knees ones though.

Tiddlymum Wed 26-Sep-12 22:04:29

Sorry spanx crush your internal organs imho

Loueytb3 Wed 26-Sep-12 22:07:39

12-14. I've just had to send back some size 14 dresses as I've dropped down a size.

Wee-flap grin

Where can I try on spanx???

Tiddlymum Wed 26-Sep-12 22:12:26

I have a wear your own body size 14 m and s worn once for my 40th. I have dropped to. 12 I am no supermodel but exercise has changed my shape. It is virtually brand new- I don't want to offend you but you are more than welcome to it- it's sat in my drawer. I prefer thongs or big knicker, I find anything else not comfy!

kekouan Wed 26-Sep-12 22:17:06

Tiddly - not if you buy the right size smile

Louey - I think you can order them from Next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now