Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What do you call those perfume bottles that aren't sprays, but you can just dab out of the open top?

(6 Posts)
SuperB0F Wed 26-Sep-12 12:22:41


I need to buy my mum some Chanel No5 from my dad for her birthday, and all I can see are spray ones, and I know they don't last as long. What search time should I be using?

Many thanks smile

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Wed 26-Sep-12 12:27:29

hmm, parfum - eau de parfum.

How about layering? so shower gel, body lotion and perfume. You dont need a lot of each and use less perfume. I have done it for years and everyone always comments on how lovely I smell.

not sure but 'dab' bottle instead of spray?

HappyHippyChick Wed 26-Sep-12 12:31:03

It is eau d'parfum like this

HappyHippyChick Wed 26-Sep-12 12:33:17

Here at Debenhams

SuperB0F Wed 26-Sep-12 12:35:33

You are amazing, thank you so much, that's perfect! grin

HappyHippyChick Wed 26-Sep-12 12:42:09

Glad I could help!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: