Talk

Advanced search

Good winter boots (boys) - suitable for school and weekends

(5 Posts)
wickedfairy Wed 26-Sep-12 08:57:50

Hi,

Need to get DS some new boots for winter - his school shoes/trainers are getting too small and his toes are getting wet from them too. Ideally, I would like to get a pair of boots that does both school and also weekends, as otherwise he wont get the wear out of the weekend ones certainly. Have had a look at John Lewis and Clarks and there are sorry pickings really.

They should be black (I assume for school) but I would be happy with black/grey or even dark brown - strong, sturdy boots that are waterproof. They seem to have either winter boots that wouldn't go with school uniform and only school shoes, no boots. He is nearly six and around a size13, if that is any help.

Where should I be looking? Is it possible to get something that will generally do school and weekends? Your help is appreciated!!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 26-Sep-12 09:03:57

I buy my DS clarks boots every winter.
Can't remember the name but they are Goretex waterproof and have 3 velcro straps.

I bought him the black/grey ones this year so that he can wear them to school.
He's 13 yo and a size 4, IIRC his were £58 but well worth it.(Junior sizes are less)
(Boys won't wear wellies and change, especially at secondary)

TapselteerieO Wed 26-Sep-12 10:06:05

I usually get richter boots for my ds, they are great, I buy them from independent shoe shops, they last really well.

accessorizequeen Wed 26-Sep-12 12:34:32

I've just ordered several pairs for my dc from Amazon with 20% off, hoping something will fit! I've got Geox and some Garvalin ones to try. If you search for boots in his size there are quite a lot of options. Ds2 is nearly 6, I got some size 31 which is a 12.5 in Clarks I think. There was a thread not very long ago about this. Shall try and find it. With 20% discount these are cheaper than clarks with more choice and hopefully will last better. Javari also a good place to check.

Fab41 Wed 26-Sep-12 14:15:41

I bought my ds Blundstones and they seem very well made and waterproof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now