Talk

Advanced search

How can you wear thick leggins without a dress...

(11 Posts)
smilesandsun Wed 26-Sep-12 08:23:35

Hi,

So i'd love to be wearing thick leggins this winter, but am not into the dress / leggin look. Where do you get long t-shirts, skirts etc to wear with them....anything but a dress really.

Kinora Wed 26-Sep-12 08:28:09

Do you mean that you don't like the tea dress look? because long t shirts etc would just look like a dress.

What about a long knitted top/tunic/jumper? Plenty in the shops at the moment.

perplexedpirate Wed 26-Sep-12 08:59:47

How about a long jumper, with a wide belt? Chanelling the eighties a bit?

smilesandsun Wed 26-Sep-12 09:30:56

maybe, i was thinking something like a shortish skirt, mid thigh length... I feel so frumpy in the whole dress and leggins...

bishboschone Wed 26-Sep-12 09:46:01

Denim skirt?

AWimbaWay Wed 26-Sep-12 14:51:35

I have this hush long length tank in 4 colours. It's great, holds it's shape and is a good length. I layer it over leggings then wear another top over, very comfortable everyday wear.

GobblersKnob Wed 26-Sep-12 15:16:23

I have similar tanks to AWimbaWay, but from Miss Selfridge as recomended by Does my bum look 40 in this. They are great, I love them and 4 for the price of 1 from hush winkgrin

Meggles76 Wed 26-Sep-12 17:48:30

I have bought a black pair of thicker leggings. I am wearing casually during the day with a charcoal slouchy jumper from Boden. Also with a denim shirt.
I wore them for a night out with DH with heels and a loose fit lace top. DH is no leggings fan but even he said these are nice!

bigpants103 Wed 26-Sep-12 18:42:51

I get long length vests from H&M and love them. £6.99 and long and keep their shape well. I also wear long jumper which I also get from Primark or H&M too.

smilesandsun Thu 27-Sep-12 10:31:06

i like the idea of the long vest, the Hush picture is exactly the type of thing I was looking for...

AWimbaWay Thu 27-Sep-12 13:13:24

It is lovely and snuggly, but I still feel fairly smart, I actually have this entire outfit from hush, it's so comfy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now