Talk

Advanced search

OK who has a Corby trouser press?

(10 Posts)
nongnangning Tue 25-Sep-12 20:58:17

So now, thanks to S&B, warehouse-managing DH has the start of a very nice new work wardrobe, including a new suit from Moss Bros as recommended by Piglet John.

But there is always a next question isn't there?: the previous wardrobe, which contained a lot of workwear-type chinos, just got thrown in the laundry basket. But some of the new trousers are posher and would have to be dry cleaned.

Remembering that you are talking to a men's office wear ignoramus here, what do men do with their posher office trousers when they get home from work? Hang them on one of those hangers where you clip them upside down from the ankles? Fold them up? Or put them in some sort of trouser press?

Does anyone actually own one of these Corby trouser presses they have in hotels? Should DH get one?

FoxtrotFoxtrotSierra Tue 25-Sep-12 21:11:47

DH hangs his up on the suit hanger, so they hang over the bar bit. It's a very exact science and I'm not allowed to do it, and it makes me laugh watching him perfectly line up the creases at the hems.

My father has a trouser press and uses it every night. I think the only other person in the world with one is my BiL who was bought one by my parents. DH's trousers are just as crease free as theirs so I think them unnecessary. I also shy away from them remembering the men at my old work coming into training courses having stayed in hotels and used them resulting in tram-lines down the front of their trousers.

SpicyPear Tue 25-Sep-12 21:19:32

Another hanger up on the suit hanger bar here. Keeps them neat if you are careful about it.

Don't think I've ever met anyone with a trouser press!

FoxtrotFoxtrotSierra Tue 25-Sep-12 21:36:34

Ps nongnangning love your username! That was one of my favourite poems when I was a child!

pootle123 Tue 25-Sep-12 21:37:01

LOL at your comment Foxtrot grin My DH spends ages lining up the creases on his trousers too before he hangs them up on an enormous coat hanger. Chucks the rest of his clothes on the floor though!

AgeingFop Wed 26-Sep-12 11:39:31

Ladies, don't mock!

I don't have a trouser press and just hang suit trousers on the bar accros the hanger - BUT it needs to be a substantial hanger: wood or moulded plastic. If you hang the trousers on a thin wire hanger you get nasty horizontal crease marks just above the knee. A real problem if you don't wear the suit very often.

FoxtrotFoxtrotSierra Wed 26-Sep-12 12:19:35

Wire coathangers are the devil's work. There is no place for them in our house grin

But yes, AgeingFop is right, it does need to be a substantial hanger.

middleagedspread Wed 26-Sep-12 12:19:49

LOL, mine is very anal about his hanging too; solid wood, only to be used by him, carefully placed blah, blah.
Woe betide anyone (well me then ) that grabs it to hang anything else on.

SpicyPear Wed 26-Sep-12 14:55:10

Oh gosh, I feel I need to confess. DH slings his expensive work suits over the hanger any which way. It drives me so crazy that I often sneak into the wardrobe and rehang them after he's left for work blush (I work from home)

nongnangning Wed 26-Sep-12 15:16:21

Aha, thanks for all these replies. So posh coathanger is way out in front here.

DH just wore his new suit today and recently came home and got changed. So after reading all this I sneaked to the wardrobe rail to see what he did with the trousers unprompted ...which was hang them back exactly where I had put them when I brought them from getting altered, upside down like a bat from clips on a hanger. After this thread I think I will get some of those big wood hangers with two roller bars on and start with that.

Thanks very much everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now